Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

DG Holeshot P650 Module now

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2003, 08:29 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DG Holeshot P650 Module now

Just ordered the hole shot module today. He told me it is not the same as the canada one. Supposed to be better so it doesn't burn out the cdi. Didn't really understand what he meant. Has anyone had problems running the Canadian modules.
Still can't wait to get it !!!!

Old 05-15-2003, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider

HI GUY'S:
THe DG holeshot module is the same as the Canadian versions...I'd bet my arms, legs,and head on it. They are pulling your chain if they say it's better. There are NO problems with our Canadian versions...they originated at a Kawi dealer in Quebec that is big on performance. Dg is mearly cashing in on the MODULE CRAZE and $100.00 U.S. is about $95.00 U.S. more than they built it for. I'd be willing to bet that DG is importing them from The Kawi Dealer in Quebec. DG will sell a boat load of these , and then, and only then , will they release the ELUSIVE C.D.I !

ROB

Old 05-16-2003, 02:56 AM
Range Rover

factory wrench I am glad to hear you have been testing this, and its not just some copy the canadian module make some quick money scheme, since the can't seem to get the CDI to work.

Anyway, since you have some expericence riding with the low end module, how harsh is it? I have a winch, kimpex bumper so my front end is heaver than stock. Will this thing be safe enough to let my girlfriend or Mom ride the atv around the yard and down the road?. or if you hit the gas too hard will you easily flip the bike, or just bring the front up even with my heavier front end could this be a big issue.

Also if bearman has been working on this module all this time, why do you think he never mentioned it in all the different forms that he has been hyping the CDI on? He could have said well the CDI might be a few more months but I also have these cool modules I am working on too.

Old 05-16-2003, 03:03 AM
Range Rover

Factory: how much did you actually gain on the top end? Has anyone done dyno runs so we have hp and tq numbers?

Old 05-16-2003, 05:30 AM
Pro Rider

I dont know how he sells anything, I tried to call all day yesterday and keep getting the voice mail, I left a message but no return call. maybe hes busy finishing up the CDI (I hope). Does anyone know is there a best time to call?

Old 05-16-2003, 08:39 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Factorywrench - I know for a fact that Diamond G is not the same as the Canadian version! I talked Bearman into letting me test one SIX MONTHS AGO! As usual he releases nothing until it has been thoroughly tested and it has built in safety features to make sure there can be no voltage feedback and take out other electrical components. They are 100% made in the USA as well.
Originally posted by: letcherKY - factory wrench I am glad to hear you have been testing this, and its not just some copy the canadian module make some quick money scheme, since the can't seem to get the CDI to work.
Also if bearman has been working on this module all this time, why do you think he never mentioned it in all the different forms that he has been hyping the CDI on? He could have said well the CDI might be a few more months but I also have these cool modules I am working on too.
This just keeps smelling worse all the time!!! 2-3 months ago when the modules were first coming out, we had "third parties" posting that any add-on module was junk. It would damage the CDI and not give the performance increases of the aftermarket CDI, we should "wait for the new DiamondG CDI" because anything else is just a pretender to the throne. Now DiamondG is selling the same module! Not only that, but it (the module) was supposedly being tested 6 months ago! (Wasn't that the original delivery date for the new CDI)? In the early posts it was claimed that the new CDI would give all the bottom end gains that the module could, but the new Kawieriders post claims the CDI WON'T give the bottom end increase of the module. As far as failures of modules or module related CDI failures, I know of none yet. The only failures I'm aware of are the aftermarket CDI.
Not to diss DiamondG; Bearman has taken on an expensive undertaking in trying to deliver to us a working HiPo CDI when no-one else would. If the CDI is perfected, and if I can afford it, I'd like to have one. I just get annoyed to hear all these sour grapes when other companys start putting out their own electronic products.
LetcherKY - from a dead stop or very slow roll, a quick shot of WOT will put you over. As with a V-Force or other high performance quad, be careful who you let drive it. (I hooked a bypass up for my modulator).

Old 05-17-2003, 02:58 AM
Pro Rider

People on the forums have asked if they should buy DiamondG's module, and I have always strongly recommended that they do, and that they will get great gains from it. Some have complained that the DiaG snorkle costs too much and I have always defended that it's a good value for such specialized equipment. Even after I got my module, I recommended that anyone wanting the total package should wait for the new DiaG CDI. If that's bashing, then I guess I'm guilty of bashing.
What gets to me is that with no basis in fact and with no history, suddenly the DiaG module is the only good one and everything else is junk. There is no basis for the claim. DiamondG has been saying that homemade or factory made, they're all junk and burning out CDI's to boot!!! When the DiaG CDI is finally out and MSD, Dyna, or anyone else follows up with theirs, do you expect these other companies will be on the forums bashing the quality of the DiamondG unit? Not likely! That would show a complete lack of professionalism.

Prairiewrench posted -
The bottom end hits very hard, I was warned that it could flip easily and if your not carefull it could. If you listen to the post out there on other forums he says that it is not recomended for the faint of heart but for racing or towing applications only.
For someone who's had the Holeshot module installed for 6 months, it sounds an awful lot like you were told what it's capable of and are not speaking from driving experience.

Does anyone else feel this whole situation is a little strange or is it just me and a couple others?

Old 05-17-2003, 06:47 AM
Pro Rider

HI GUY'S:
Factorywrench...you say that you have been testing a DG module for 6 months and the top end module for 5 months???!!! I say BULL$HIT!!! Why have we not heard of it till now? We have been hearing about the C.D.I forever and thats not out yet. So am I to believe that DG had "TOP SECRET" modules, and that they only now surprised us with them. I read on another forum that the reason for the modules is that they (DG) can give us some of the power on tap now and improve upon it when the C.D.I. is released. DG has been telling us that the C.D.I. was about to be released for ages now...just around the corner. So why all of a sudden the modules??? Is it because they are being sold like hotcakes and GREAT profits are the result? Dg is even saying on another forum that the others(modules) are junk! The Canadian versions are being built by a KAWI DEALER dumba$$!!! They are not about to sell mods to their customers so they can blow up their C.D.I's. Tell me where is ONE single case of damage from the Canadian Modules??? Remember WE are the ones that have them and We are not having any problems. You have convieniently dropped DG's name on a couple occasions and get TOP SECRET modules 6 months previous to their release, and yet ...you say you are not affiliated with them...YEA RIGHT!!! I do not believe for one second anything that you or DG has to say about theses modules. Tell me samrt guy if our modules are putting out a certain frequency to the C.D.I ...what makes DG's so special....IT IS THE SAME FREQUENCY!!! Or is the DG module magic? Try selling you BULL$hit on another forum where the members are not nearly as intelligent. Something smells foul here and it's YOU AND DG!!!

ROB

Old 05-17-2003, 07:13 AM
Pro Rider

novakaw650 How difficult was it to hook up your bypass, that sounds like a good idea. Every year we have a family reunion and the four wheelers get treated like golf carts. None of them are experienced riders, dont want a wrecked bike or a trip to the hospital, but dont want to be the guy that says you cant ride mine either.

Old 05-17-2003, 08:11 AM
Pro Rider

I would also be interested in a bypass as I have young teenagers that occassionally ride my quad but are very inexperienced since their mother does not approve of them riding much. Post pictures also please.

Quick Reply: DG Holeshot P650 Module now