Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

p650 exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2003, 01:44 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default p650 exhaust

I want a better flowing exhaust sytem but I use this bike for hunting as well so I dont want it REAL loud. I would do nyrocs muffler mod but cant stand the thought of cutting on it, unless I had another stock one to replace it with. So instead of buying another stock muffler I was wondering if there was any brands out there that fit the bill. (better flow- Not to loud) and would you recomend just the muffler or the whole system. If I buy the whole system it will be ceramic coated. Any advise would be appreciated.

Kevin

Old 05-25-2003, 11:50 AM
Range Rover
Default p650 exhaust

I don't have one but from what I understand you only need the slip on not unless you plan on getting a big bore kit or cam. My friend just got a HMF on his bike and with out the quit core it is very loud but with it it is a little louder and deeper tone than stock, it sounds good. Well I hope that this helps.

Old 05-25-2003, 12:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default p650 exhaust

HMF slip on with core. Thanks hardwood I will look into that.

Old 05-25-2003, 03:26 PM
Pro Rider
Default p650 exhaust

HMF now has a "hunter core" baffle that makes the decibal's close to stock.......

Old 05-26-2003, 02:38 AM
Pro Rider
Default p650 exhaust

hunter core sounds right up my alley too. Thanks for the info. I will make sure to look at that one too. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Thanks Danny

Old 05-27-2003, 01:38 AM
Pro Rider
Default p650 exhaust

I sure like nyroc's mod. I just got through with doing it today and it really isn't much louder and the power is noticable. I was riding on some empty construction lots and I was riding through weeds for the most part, but when I hit a patch of concrete someone had dumped there, I caught traction and the front popped right up off the ground. It felt great. Give that a try first. unless you have the money. If money is not the issue, look into mike penlands signature big gun. I don't know about the sound, but I have heard good things about it.

Old 05-27-2003, 02:19 AM
Pro Rider
Default p650 exhaust

well as bad as I hate to say it. I think I have more money than welding abilities. I have a mig welder and can use it. But its not real pretty, and have a bad habbit of running to hot and making a mess the first time around. With this I really only have one chance to keep it from being a leaking POS. maybe I will get my buddy to weld it for me, he does a great job just hard to get him away from his wife long enough. Poor guy!
I have heard though that the nyroc mod is great and dont know of anyone that has been disappointed with it. I do know somebody with the big gun, your right it is a good product but its pretty loud. Thanks

Old 05-27-2003, 09:29 AM
Pro Rider
Default p650 exhaust

I just put a Pendland Series Big Gun on my 2002 650 Praire, I couldn't believe the weight diffence between the 2 year old stock exhaust & the new Big Gun ( less than 1/2 as heavy )... the pipe is a little louder & throatier, but not too bad... If you want a very quiet exhaust, have you seen the stealth system, it is like a 2nd muffler that goes accross the back end & dumps out the other side, it's reported to make the quad barely audible & not reduce the power at all ( ya, right )... anyway thats what they claim...Have A GREAT Day, Go Four Wheel'in !!!!! WAM

Old 05-27-2003, 09:42 AM
Pro Rider
Default p650 exhaust

If you think the Big Gun is too loud then you won't want the HMF, with the quit baffle in the HMF is still louder than the Big Gun. I have never heard the HMF with the hunter baffle so I have no way of giving an opinion on that.

Old 05-27-2003, 10:35 AM
Trailblazer
Default p650 exhaust

I also recently put the PBR Big Gun on. I love the sound. At first it seemed to be too loud. I then put the screen in and turned the idle down. When putting around it is very quiet just like stock. When you start to hammer down it gets a little more rumble. But at about half throttle it seems to quiet again.

Quick Reply: p650 exhaust