Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

VForce - surprising results

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2003, 07:35 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VForce - surprising results

Hello everyone,

I just got back from a great weekend riding in northern Michigan. My brother-in-law just got a new VForce and we were both impressed by its performance, he really loves it. Compared to my KFX400, its really fast and picks up quite well, we have raced quite a few times, each of us switching machines, and the VForce took out my 400 with out a problem, like I said before this is a really nice machine. Well this weekend we were both surprised. One of our other riding friends brought his 2003 Raptor, a K&N air filter being the only modification from stock. Needless to say he took out my 400 in every drag, but surprisingly the VForce fell victim too. They tried sand, dirt, and pavement, and each time the Raptor won by no less than a quad length. My brother-in-law was a little disappointed, but still happy with his purchase because we all know that we don't buy these machines just to drag race! Is this a common trend? All that I here at my local Kawi fast these machines are. I was really surprised by this to say the least. Anyone with similar findings?

Old 05-27-2003, 08:08 PM
Range Rover

How far were you racing? Up to about 150 yards I will beat my friends '01 Raptor. After that he reels me in, and passes me. I was able to hit a higher top speed though, according to my GPS. My V is stock. He has a Yoshimura pipe, jetted, and a K&N.

Old 05-27-2003, 08:49 PM
Pro Rider

I have raced two different raptors.......The first was piped, we ran about 400 ft. beat him badly, the second was stock, we ran about 1/8 mile and he came back at the very end. When and if the cdi comes out I'm sure top end will be interesting, especially with duals.

Old 05-28-2003, 06:07 AM
Weekend Warrior

I would say that distance was at least 1/8th of a mile each race. I know that one race went on for almost a 1/2 mile. I really don't know what was going on actually because the Raptor was getting him out of the hole too. I did notice that the VForce liked to aim for the sky on take off, much like my 400. It could be something as simple as tire pressure too, I know that the Raptor's tires were pretty low. What tire pressure are you running in your VForces? My brother-in-law has 6lbs all the way around on his and that seems high to me.
Thanks

Old 05-28-2003, 10:01 AM
Pro Rider

Put some Elka Elites on that V-Force and you will be unstopable in the drags. No more front lift

Old 05-28-2003, 10:30 AM
Range Rover

I'm not surprised the raptor beat you in a straight line drag.
But we don't usually run extended periods in a straight line, do we?

Last weekend's ride consisted of 20+ miles of GNCC style riding:
watercrossings, hardpacked, mud, tight woods trails, small hills, and of course,
straight line drags.

The test was more of endurance and skill, combined with a cabable machine.

Who won? Who cares? We had a blast.

Old 05-28-2003, 11:03 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

I had the same result in a flat drag, stock/stock, in some very loose dusty sand/ash, when I raced a TechTip on his new V. I will be surprised to have the same result,,,,if the 700 gets traction.

Old 05-28-2003, 11:46 AM
Pro Rider

Right on Ilovemymudder!!

That I why I ride. To rip around a nice x-country course or hill climb. Who care who "wins". If we all have fun then we all have won!!!

Old 05-28-2003, 11:48 AM
Pro Rider

UHM! Yeah what he said

Old 05-28-2003, 11:55 AM
Pro Rider

No I like winning and the V-Force doe's, but it will dominate once we have the Holy Grail (CDI).

Quick Reply: VForce - surprising results