Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Elka Shocks for VFORCE

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2003, 08:49 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Elka Shocks for VFORCE

Does anyone remember the guy greenteam had told us to call for best price and help for getting these Elkas? If greenteam is out there please help want to order these ASAP!

Old 05-28-2003, 09:20 PM
Pro Rider

Christian Paul Motorsports (518-661-6321) He gave me a quote of $1464 for the triple rate no pre load fronts and dual rate rear no pre load. Elka themselves wanted $1670. So you can save yourself $200. I ended up getting the Works Pro Series triple rate with piggie back and 18 comp adj, and the Ultracross dual rate with 18 rebound and comp adj for $1449. I hope I made a good choice.

Old 05-28-2003, 09:46 PM
Range Rover

GE4x4 thanks for the info. Why did you go with the works instead? Do you race GNCC or MX or just recreational? Have you got the works on you Force yet?

Old 05-28-2003, 09:47 PM
Pro Rider

I followed Greenteam's recomendation. Rick did a good job for me ... received them just like he
said .... price was $450 for two front units ... triple, no Rezzies.

Old 05-28-2003, 09:51 PM
Range Rover

VForcer are you going to the GNCC race this weekend? It is in your backyard isn't it?

Old 05-28-2003, 10:05 PM
Pro Rider

I race in a couple of GNCC races, and I play on a MX track I have at work. I also do a lot of fast but ruff trail riding, just like a GNCC race. It was a toss up between the two, but with the no pre load, and the atv being lowered 3", I wanted all the GC plus a great ride. I hit my frame a few times at the last GNCC race, so being 3" lower, would of made it worst. I hear you can adjust the no pre load, but don't know how long it takes. At the last race, one of the Kawi guys took the Elkas off and put his stock shocks back on. Too soft. But again this is how I felt with a lot of research. Either way I would of spent allmost $1500, and both makes will make a huge difference over stock. I might be the only one on this site with Works on, but I will not milk down my review of them. If they stink, I will tell you.
As far as having them on, not yet. They said 10-14 days, and I ordered them last Wed. So hopefully next week.

Old 05-28-2003, 10:19 PM
Pro Rider

I wish to make it clear that I am not making a recomendation here..... I have no experence of Elka compared to
anything except the stock shocks. I figured almost anything would be better than the stockers..... so I rolled
the dice.

I will say ... they delivered what they promised .... I am very pleased .... On my KFX ... at my weight setting...
my GC only reduced about 1 1/2 inches. Very easy to adjust .... many inches of adjustment room ... tools
provided with shocks.

Old 05-28-2003, 11:19 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Kawy
VForcer are you going to the GNCC race this weekend? It is in your backyard isn't it?

Not likely to be there ... Millfield is about 3 1/2 hours away. We are planning to go to Herrick Valley

Old 05-29-2003, 01:00 AM
Range Rover

Glad to hear you all are happy with your ELKA's, if any of you ever need any help on parts for a V-Force just ask. My personal email is ahowell3@yahoo.com. I dont get on this site everyday so it may be better to email me. This is off subject but I just received all of Pro-Armor's new V-Force bumpers, grab bar, etc... I was really impressed with the craftsmanship and quality. I liked them enough to drop my AC bumper and nerfs! If you need any of that stuff just give them a call and make sure you talk to Ray, he is the owner of Pro-Armor and a VERY VERY helpful man to talk to.

Also if any of you have troubles with your V-Force, the man @ Kawasaki to get in contact with is ATV Tech Doug Douchette. His email address is Doug.Douchette@KMC-USA.com. He will ask you for your VIN, then go from there to help you out.

Old 05-29-2003, 07:09 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks Greenteam !!!! I hope I never need to contact Doug, But it is so good to know how if I do !

Do you know if Pro Armor is making pro-peg nurf bars ??? and if so about what $$$ to expect.

Quick Reply: Elka Shocks for VFORCE