Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Kawi Extended Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2003, 03:09 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kawi Extended Warranty

Almost at the end of my warranty two weeks and then the kawi extended warranty kicks in so I decided togive the "BABY" a closer than normal once over .Found a little oil seepage at the bottom of the rear shock . My local dealer got ahold of Kawi Canada and the shock was covered (good thing cause it lists for $1150 can. )BUT....................in the next breath the counter guy said that if it had gone during the ext. warranty it would have been considered a wear item!!!!!! Now I could see it being worn if it was at the end of the warranty period but man I only have 720 Km on the bike so far and most of it riding logging roads and powerline roads

My point is ....What does the Ext warranty cover anyway.....and should I be looking to replace the shock again in the next six months ?

Old 06-04-2003, 05:54 AM
Weekend Warrior

From my past experiences with the extended warranty,alot has to do whether or not your dealer wants to go to bat for you and get Kawasaki to cover it. Some dealers will go out of their way while others will find every excuse not to even try. I always try to keep a good relationship with my dealer and buy things from him even though i may have gotten it a few dollars cheaper off the internet. That goes alot further than one may realize. I stop in to my dealer at least once a week to check out the goodies on the shelves,talk to the employees and to look at new models. It means alot to them to see a repeat customer and just not when something is wrong with their toy. May want to try this,It sure helps me alot.

Old 06-04-2003, 11:00 AM
Trailblazer

Vtwin,
I agree with you 100% about buying locally and I am in at the shop every week sometimes more .
You would think that there would be a list of what is covered and what is not somewhere though.

Old 06-04-2003, 05:55 PM
Pro Rider

Vtwin I'm with you 200% I also like to go in or call when stuff is workin really good! right now I feel my dealer sees me enough LOL (just kidding they want me up and running too. As for your rear shock is not covered underwarrenty so take care of it. It is rebuildable. You will not be replaceing the rear shock agian unless you are doing something hard to cause it to go that fast. I had 8000km on mine when it went.

Old 06-04-2003, 10:28 PM
Pro Rider

To answer your question very simply: my extended warranty is covering my blown front diff- 900 bucks in parts alone. Id sure hate to cough that up....Rob

Old 06-04-2003, 10:42 PM
Trailblazer

just bought my 700 last week got the extend warranty 2 year only because
of the rear swing arm/diff/wet brake system looked involved figured for
extra 300 id play it safe but i heard from a friend if i do any mods to my quad it will void the warranty
true or not?

Old 06-04-2003, 10:56 PM
Pro Rider

That would all depend on how your dealer sees it

Old 06-05-2003, 12:56 AM
Weekend Warrior

hey engine9680, like robh said, that would depend on your dealer. Another thing I hear alot is "If you race your atv,your warranty is void." Well I guess that dependsd on your dealer too,because team green is at all the GNCC races there to help all Kawa riders and the thing with the broken rear engine mount, they(kawa) are taking care of that too,just ask greenteam. I think the mentality of the dealers has really changed for the better(in most cases) over the past few years and the willingness to help on their part has definately taken great strides towards the customers.