Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

what would you buy.Vforce-the way it is now-or- a 405 pound 5 speed clutch bike. Please post here!.KAWASAKI LISTEN UP

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2003, 03:21 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what would you buy.Vforce-the way it is now-or- a 405 pound 5 speed clutch bike. Please post here!.KAWASAKI LISTEN UP

I want to get a V real bad but with the new yami i just dont no. 350 pounds vs 516[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img].
I love to race , jump , and like the sand but the V just weighs to much.

Here is what i think kawaski should do. I think that they should make a 550cc Vtwin force. With a 6-speed manual clutch. Chain driven. About 400 pound dry weight. And most important a FULL ADVANCED CDI. That would make it the fastest quad on the market buy a long shot. And we would save alout of fuel when compared to 700cc. Which equals a longer ride time wich equals MORE RAPTOR/YZF450 SPANKEN FUN.

IF YOU AGREE WITH ME PLEASE POST HERE, AND MAYBE WE COULD PURESWAY KAWI TO MAKE THIS QUAD. IT WOULD KICK AZZ AND BE UNBEATABL . SOUND THE BEST . IF THEY KEEP THE VFORCE LOOKS , IT WILL LOOK THE BEST. PLEASE POST IF YOU STAND BEHIEND THIS AND WOULD BE WILLING TO BUY THIS QUAD.

I DONT THINK IM ASKING TO MUCH YAMAHA GAVE THERE LOYALIST WHAT THEY WANT. suzuki gave their custermers a solid quad. polasris did.HONDA ALLEGIDLY WILL BE GIVEING THERE LOYALIST A 450. AND WE GET A TANK!...

dont get me wrong i love the V and will probably get one but its not my dream quad, but its very close just needs some adjusmants. PLEASE KAWI MAKE THIS QUAD.

Old 06-05-2003, 06:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default what would you buy.Vforce-the way it is now-or- a 405 pound 5 speed clutch bike. Please post here!.KAWASAKI LISTEN UP

A 450 V-Twin, small efficient motor like that would rock. Make it optional to have a clutch, auto-clutch or auto. 375 lbs dry weight. Shocks built for trails, jumps or racing. That would be a nice quad. The 550 V-twin you mentioned would not be allowed in races so it would mean less money for Kawi. My idea would not work either because the Z400 and KFX400 and already out there and would be in conflict.

I'll take the big V, autos are fun. So is a clutch but not having to shift is great after shifting for the last 15 years.

Old 06-05-2003, 07:08 PM
Pro Rider

Most of the quads out now are nothing more than new and improved 400ex's in my opinion. Kawi has something totally different with the V, especially for those of us that feel cramped on those tiny little quads.

Old 06-05-2003, 09:09 PM
Pro Rider

Actually kawasaki did what everybody wanted, when I talked to a kawi rep, he said that right after the 650 prarie came out, calls went off the wall for a 2wd sport version. I think they did a great job and couldnt ask for anything more perfect. I go out every saturday and run 2 tanks of gas threw this thing and im not really that tired, thats about 5-6 hours riding too. Hard riding at that. This thing is all I ever wanted... Good Job Kawi...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-06-2003, 05:16 AM
Pro Rider

I have a highly modified 383 cid stroker motor sitting in my garage. I wonder????[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Nahh wouldnt fit.

Old 06-06-2003, 12:34 PM
Pro Rider

bbertman. i know about the kfx400 thats why i said make it a 550 cause its in a differnt leage.

HilifterV700: im sure lots of people called in for a sport quad but did they want a sport quad that wieghed 516 pounds dry.

Dont you people care. Dont you want a sport quad that is undesputed the fastes.

dont you want a , 400 pound wet quad,550cc V-twin,full advanced cdi,6-speed. that would be a kick azz quad and would be scarry fast.
The new yami will dominate the market and all the other quad sales plumit, When ther is no reason for that kawi has the engine to dominate the market buy a long shot, they just need get on top of ther game.
Im not asking to much yamaha gave ther custumers a 350 pound quad, Honda will be giving ther ther customers a light weight sport quad, suzuki gave ther customers a light wieght sport quad, and what do we get an awsome quad but it wieghs 516 pounds dry.

Dont you people want a light quad that you could control easaly in the air , throw around on the trails and be the king of the dunes(four stroke wise). If so post here cause kawi reads thease fourm and this could make a differnce.

Also i agree with bbertman give it an automatic option.

Old 06-06-2003, 01:05 PM
Pro Rider

prairievenom:

What you ask for would cost alot, more than what people want to spend. Kawasaki is in the business to make money like every other large business out there. Making an ultra quad like that would be so awesome I'm sure everyone would agree, but how many would they sell if it cost $9000 or something like that? I wouldn't get one. Awesome quads like that belong on the MX track, they are not trail machines. They can be but are not designed for that. Kawi will make a quad that the majority of the people want, the majority of the people want a fast, reliable, powerful and fun quad. They will sell tons of those.

Don't worry though, I'm sure they will be working on production MX machine to compete with Yami's new MX quad, that too is also in their best interest but it will not be an overboard quad like you want or other people want. There are rules they must follow, like the engine size limit, a 550 is to big. A 450 is as big as they can go.

Old 06-06-2003, 01:13 PM
Pro Rider

why would it cost so much they already have the engine all they have to do is make it smaller . I know it would not be a good busness move so i think they should wait about a year and a half then start desinging the quad and relies it about 3 1/2 years from now. there is no reason for that quad to cost 9gs. they could make that quad and sell it for 6900 like yami.

Old 06-06-2003, 01:22 PM
Pro Rider

The motor would be the cheap part for them, its a heavy motor so you need a very good frame. The frame would cost alot, why? Well it needs to be very light and strong to make it weigh 350 lbs and that there would cost you alot of money. Secondly, the transmission would have to be redesigned, no one will drive an auto on an MX track. Third, a shaft driven quad would not work on the an MX track either, it is limited on how much it can articulate and this will limit your suspension travel. So a chain needs to be used. All this needs to be done and requires lots and lots of R&D dollars that the customer will end up paying for in the end, thats how it will cost $9000.

Old 06-06-2003, 01:28 PM
Pro Rider

they allredy have a chain rear end on the kfx400 they just need to beef it up.
Listen im 15 years old and when i tell my freinds that im going to buy a 535 pound automatic quad they just lagh in my face.

Quick Reply: what would you buy.Vforce-the way it is now-or- a 405 pound 5 speed clutch bike. Please post here!.KAWASAKI LISTEN UP