Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

wheelie

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2003, 01:29 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wheelie

how do i wheelie on the v force? LMFAO i know i know....sad huh. how much throttle do i need to give it to lift the fronts up? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] can u tell i have not ridden in about uhh 5 years. with broke mini bike and broken little honda not much pratice

Old 06-11-2003, 06:09 AM
Pro Rider
Default wheelie

Just nail the gas, when you are high enough - let off. Do that a couple times and you will find your happy place[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-11-2003, 10:44 AM
Trailblazer
Default wheelie

i am just concerned that i am going to flip over! should i lean back to pop it up and than foward when its in the air.?

Old 06-11-2003, 12:24 PM
Trailblazer
Default wheelie

Try this before you just "nail the gas" from a dead start:

Ride at a slow pace...about 15 mph or less. Let off the throttle so that the engine breaking kicks in....the bike will lean forward a bit in the front as the engine breaks...Then just tap the gas (you don't really have to pull back on the handle bars)....the front tires will raise. Keep doing this and giving it more throttle and sitting further back on the seat until you get the tires up where your beginning to ride a wheelie.

You will get the front up enough to scare you a few times....but if you start trying wheelies from a rolling start...you are far less likely to "flip" over.

Good Luck. Riding wheelie on this machine is very easy once you get "the feel". You'll be riding 50 yard wheelies in no time.

Keep practicing.

Old 06-11-2003, 03:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default wheelie

You definately wont have to lean back or try to pop it, it will just do it on its own. If anything you could lean foward a bit. If you do nail the gas you just have to be quick with throttle control. The p650 dont need any coaxing with wheelies, and the force is lighter with a bigger engine.

Old 06-11-2003, 04:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default wheelie

when you "front up enough to scare you a few times" you will come to notcie that that point right there is your balance point. So just try to stay there it should be pretty easy. it will be a lot easier with an auto because you will have a rear brake lever which you can keep one hand on just incase. and really dont be afraid to flip it back once or twice. I mean the wheelie bar will scratch but the quad wont roll over unless you are on a hill. Just keep 1 finger on the rear brake and good luck.

Old 06-11-2003, 08:59 PM
Trailblazer
Default wheelie

Great so just basicly get a rolling start at about 10-15 mph and just let off the gas and than punch it a bit and try to lift the front up, if it does not come up scootback a tad and give it a little more gas ect ect and keep trying till i get it down? Wheelie bar? there is something to prevent me from flipping on my asssss? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] thanks for the help so far, any other ideas would be much appricaitated

Old 06-11-2003, 09:38 PM
Pro Rider
Default wheelie

Practice on grass or sand not pavement.

Old 06-11-2003, 10:19 PM
Pro Rider
Default wheelie

grass works good until you get the hang of it

Old 06-15-2003, 08:16 PM
Pro Rider
Default wheelie

the wheelie bar is the same as a grab bar. It is that u shaped thing that comes out right under the rear plsatic. It keeps the quad from flipping completly upside down but the quad still can rest comepletly upright on it.

Quick Reply: wheelie