Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Joining the V Force gang

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2003, 09:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Joining the V Force gang

Just signed the paperwork on my 04 V Force. I have been reading posts on this message board for many months. All of your posts on the V Force helped me to make the decision to go ahead and get one.

I will be picking it up tomorrow afternoon and I will give you guys my "first ride" report thereafter.

So a question to all V Force owners out there......Did I do the right thing?

Old 06-11-2003, 10:23 PM
Pro Rider

feeling a little buyers remorse ??? grin.... I guess how happy you will be, depends a bit on what kind of riding
you will be doing, If it trail riding as opposed to MX riding .... I predict you will like it very much.

Old 06-11-2003, 11:13 PM
Pro Rider

I think a lot of it is what size you are and like forcer said what type of riding you do. It is hard to find fault with this machine, but if you do, there are already mods to correct your dislikes[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] and plenty more to come!

Old 06-11-2003, 11:19 PM
Pro Rider

I am a very big guy (6-0" 265lbs), so the large size of the V Force was a major plus. I do mostly trail riding with some dunes every now and then. I have a Yamaha Warrior now and I like it OK, but mine is older and I spend as much time wrenching as riding these days.

No buyer's remorse so far....Just childlike anticipation and eagerness to get this beast out in the woods so I can bury my riding buddy on his 300EX....shouldn't be much of a challenge there, but I will gig him just the same.....

Old 06-11-2003, 11:30 PM
Pro Rider

At your size you will be very happy. Daylight and dark difference between warrior and V. You will love the power. Just be careful for a little while[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] This thing seriously does have enough low end to get anyone into trouble!

Old 06-11-2003, 11:33 PM
Pro Rider

I have read a few posts regarding some backfiring from the V's when getting off of the throttle. Have you guys experienced this?

Old 06-11-2003, 11:37 PM
Pro Rider

I think the quality of gas and where you have the idle set to is most of it. No big deal just don't set the idle too low.

Old 06-11-2003, 11:37 PM
Pro Rider

I have but it is no big deal, it only happens to me when i enter a turn going way to fast and have to break alot. Not a problem to be scared about and you probably wont even notice it.

Old 06-12-2003, 12:36 AM
Pro Rider

Sportyroxx

Rich'n up your air bleed screws a bit and the backfiring will go away. Hope this helps!

Ken

Old 06-12-2003, 12:52 AM
Range Rover

I noticed the same thing when I let off the throttle. Figured I will wait till after the beak in too work on it.

Quick Reply: Joining the V Force gang