Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

New bars?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2003, 09:51 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New bars?

I need to replace my stock bars on my V-Force and I'm wondering if anyone else has done this and how they like their choice. I wanted to get the Trailtech X-bars, dash computer combo but it sounds like it will be awhile before they have a dash that will hold the stock idiot lights.

Does anyone make XC bars in a style similiar to a snowmachine?

Has anyone found orange handguards?

Thanks for any help,

Leo

Old 06-16-2003, 10:28 AM
Range Rover
Default New bars?

Check www.trailtech.com or you can write to them, they got back to me the very next day , they have alot more then there web site posts so give them a try !!! hope this helps you.

Old 06-16-2003, 12:19 PM
Pro Rider
Default New bars?

Yeah, they have been great at getting back to me, even returning calls. The problem is I wanted the fatter X-bars, with their billet clamp that holds the computer and the stock idiot lights and key, which won't be available for awhile.

Old 06-17-2003, 12:27 AM
Pro Rider
Default New bars?

I decided to get the Renthal 'ATV Racer' bend bars, Acerbis handguards, and finally some Renthal medium grips. I really hated the stock grips, they gave me blisters like crazy. It took me a couple of hours to install the bars and guards, it wasn't the easiest changeover I've ever done, but it wasn't that hard, just a little fitting time. There is so much stuff on the bars, and it is all big and takes up alot of room.

Unfortunately, I did the throttle side first when I changed over all the controls, after bolting the clamps down and re-installing the dash. If you decide to change your bars, put the shifter assembly on first before you do anything, trust me on this. After you do that it is no problem to attach the rest of the controls. I had to space the guards about 3/4" from the end of the bars to get the bar clamp in a place where it wasn't interfering with anything. These seem to be the widest bars they make too. I also had to extend the bar clamp mount out about an inch on the shifter side to clear the brake lever. I took pictures and posted them, it's easier to see it than explain it.

I didn't get a chance to really ride it, just burn around in the parking lot a bit. It is definitely an improvement in how it handles, although I've had Renthal bars on everything I've ever owned and I'm kind of used to them. The new grips are also a big improvement. I was happy to find orange hand guards in stock, the Kawi dealer here also sells KTM. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] If you live in Canada, and you have to mail order parts, I can give you the name of the dealer here, his pricing is awesome and even if he has to order something for you, it's usually only a couple of days.