Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Anyone - Please help V-Force Bumper Question, GreenTeam..anyone??

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2003, 11:18 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone - Please help V-Force Bumper Question, GreenTeam..anyone??

desertsportsman- sorry for not replying to your earlier post, as I did not see it. I do believe that the bumper is a genuine Kawasaki accessory and will be available in August or Sept. I agree that the others on the market right now do not seem to fit the lines of the 700 as well. I'll be waiting for the Kawasaki part.

Have a question on your Edge tires. Are you happy with them? I tried the Extreme 9 paddles last weekend and they are from hell. They wore me out after about 45 minutes of uncontrollable steering and I got stuck 2-3 times. I thought the Geckos were bad, but these were way worse. I now have $540 invested in 2 sets of tires and can have more fun with the stock tires. Can you wheelie with the Edge 8s?

Thanks!

Old 07-02-2003, 12:59 PM
Trailblazer

DeerSportsman,

Yes...I believe it's Kawi accessories. I posted THIS awhile back. Click on the link and you'll see the same image I believe you found. It's on Kawi's web page. What is interesting though, if you click on other bikes (like the KFX 400) you'll see where you can order the cool stuff in the pictures. I believe these accessories should be out soon from Kawi judging from the other links there.
Hey....I do like the way my DG bumper looks / fits/ and works with the body of the Force...check out my personal pics and you'll see my bumper.

Old 07-02-2003, 08:14 PM
Pro Rider

pairof98s

Hey no problem about the late response. I too agree the parts are going to be Kawi aftermarket, the original link I found was from a Kawi employee's email account. My Edge tires are great from a control stance. Your Extremes will still out climb the Edges. My buddy had Edges on his V and we used to pull just about even, now he has Extremes in the same size and number of paddles and can get me by at least four lengths at the top of the tallest dunes. But, the Edges are still more fun, you can kick out the rear, still easily pull wheelies, but not hill climb as quickly. And the Extremes throw one he!! of a roost. Bet you dont have anyone on your a$$ with them! My friend has sand blasted me a few time with those Extremes, but I guess I will keep the Edges for all around riding. The bike is so heavy that with any paddle and stock front tires you will notice front end push. Some good sand tires up front should help to eliminate some of that. Well hope that helps, sorry for rambling on, you will like the Edges for recreational riding, much better than Gheko's. Later

Old 07-02-2003, 08:18 PM
Pro Rider

DesertSportsman , where do you ride at ??????????????

Old 07-02-2003, 08:23 PM
Pro Rider

We ride at Apex, Amargossa, End of Decatur and once in awhile up at Cold Creek. How about you?

Old 07-02-2003, 08:30 PM
Pro Rider

End of Jones (better parking) and I think once the school is done we are going to be out of a riding spot. Logandale , Black Mtn , Armagosa , Dumont , and just found a spot at Mt Charleston . We want to go to Cold Creek but have not heard how the riding is (more utility kinda stuff or is it all around like the end of Jones/Decator)

Old 07-02-2003, 08:41 PM
Pro Rider

I agree about the end of Jones. I live at Farm and Jones and we usually just ride out of the subdivision and head straight out to the north. I like riding Cold Creek just to find some relief from the heat, but the road to the top of Wheeler Pass on the East side is rough, rocky and definately more utility style. The Pahrump side is pretty cool. Lots of trees and trails, but no MX stuff to speak of. Kinda like Logandale if you ride the trails and stay out of the dune. I see you have a KFX400. One of the guys we ride with has two Z400's the rest ride Raptors and another V-Force. We like Amargossa best for obvious reasons. We all ought to get together one weekend and head out for some riding. Amargossa is nice at about 6-10 in the a.m. this time of year. Hardly anyone out there either! Feel free to drop me a line if you guys want to head out sometime, we are all intermediate riders, no stupid ****, but have fun.

Ken