Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Advice on P650 - Need more HP-long, but please read

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2003, 02:29 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice on P650 - Need more HP-long, but please read

OK its more a case of want, but I'm the only one in my remote location with a prairie and nobody gives it any credit. I intend to change that. I will be riding with reasonably modded rubicons, Rincons Polaris 700's and Grizzlys. I have the experience and ability (Intermediate Motocrosser) but Kawasaki's pride is on the line here, so I need some advice. Virtually everyone runs lifts and big tires (I've already done
that). I'm thinking a cheap gain would be 6 -1/2" holes (NYROC exhaust mod)...Then what.
Jet KIt
What module should I run there seems to be a few to choose from.
DG Snorkel?
Cam
???Big bore kit is not within reach right now.
Oh yeah we ride in muskeg, mud and water.

Please advise

Old 06-18-2003, 05:09 AM
Pro Rider

Holeshot Module from Diamond G racing would be great for you.

Old 06-18-2003, 06:41 AM
Pro Rider

There are a few modules to choose from, this right now is probably the best bang for the buck. I would go with the holeshot for one main reason and that is they are supposed to be coming out with a top end module that will work with the holeshot. (It might work with all modules though since they are basicly the same thing). I wouldnt do the cam until you know for sure what mods over time you will do.
The snorkel and air filter would help. With your exhaust mod, snorkle and air filter you will need the jet kit (or at least modification) With alot of mud a few of the cooling mods could help ie: exhaust wrap, additives, ect a search will give plenty of these. That covers Air, fuel, ignition and exhaust, that is pretty much it until you go internal>> cam more CCs ect. Im sure with just the few things mentioned though you shouldnt have any trouble keeping up with you friends[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-18-2003, 09:29 AM
Pro Rider

Yes get the modulator, its the best bang for your buck, also Alltoys might have an ace up his sleeve...hehe.

Old 06-18-2003, 10:06 AM
Pro Rider

lighten your clutch and weights, bring your RPM's back up that you lost with the big tires

snorkel, jets, and holeshot. don't run your belt tight. Add a little NITRO, made by Klotz, to the fuel for those special times you'll be racing. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

let us know how much your beating them by! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-18-2003, 10:14 AM
Pro Rider

Don't run your belt tight? Why not?

Old 06-18-2003, 11:07 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: bbertram
Don't run your belt tight? Why not?
A couple of reasons, look at your belt marks on your primary clutch, there is about 3/4" out at the end not being used, that is about 10 -15 MPH more speed if your belt was long enough to get out there.

also physics, the more pressure you add between two objects, the harder they turn, in my opinion it takes more HP to turn your clutches if they are over tight. this has been proven on snowmobiles, roller clutches are more efficient because they elimate that pressure.

Don't get me wrong, don't run your belt so loose that it trip the sensor switch inside the cover or so loose that it will be worn out in 1,000 miles, there are spec's that Kawasaki has, I would rather be almost out of spec, rather than well within.

Old 06-18-2003, 11:16 AM
Pro Rider

I had my belt out of spec by about .25 inches and it did sqweel (sp?) a little bit every now and again. I have since tightned my belt by removing the shims and adding a black spring and my belt is tight now. I didn't loose much top end, I would rather have a longer lasting belt than a few MPH faster speed. With my belt tight I have lose some top speed but not alot.

Old 06-18-2003, 11:46 AM
Pro Rider

your right, most people think like you----- but sometimes it worth $100.00, not to have your buddy's rubbing it in for the rest of your life, if they beat you.

good luck.

Old 06-18-2003, 11:49 AM
Pro Rider

I don't have a problem with anyone beating me, I own the fastest quads in town. People here own dirt bikes and sleds or slow Hondas.

Quick Reply: Advice on P650 - Need more HP-long, but please read