Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

V-Force vs. Banshee vs. Raptor - My Results

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2003, 06:18 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V-Force vs. Banshee vs. Raptor - My Results

Well that sucks to hear[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]. I guess that means my brown spring is destined to fail. I wonder if I can cut that spring down to a smaller size to try and optimize it? Any reason this shouldn't work?

Old 06-25-2003, 08:08 AM
Pro Rider

The brown spring engages at 3400 rpm, to hard. The yellow spring engages at 2800 rpm which is better but at full throtle it hits the rev limiter. The plain spring is to stiff to engage at all. The Red Epi spring engages at 2500 rpm and has a higher shift out it is rideable but not like stock. EPI has developed a pink spring that will be out in 4 weeks that has a 15 engagement and a 145 shift out I think that is the spring we've been waiting for but tjhe best would be a progressive spring or a dual rate but I don't see that happening. Kevin what are the numbers on your polaris spring it must be old because the new one out would not work well. If we new the numbers maybe we could get close also what is your stall before you engage with that spring.

Old 06-25-2003, 08:43 AM
Pro Rider

it sounds like you have really got those V's hooking up.

If you need a few more RPM's on top end, lighten your clutch.

Old 06-25-2003, 09:10 AM
Pro Rider

BigOne is the green spring you bought a stock polaris spring or is it a Hotseat spring I see two different springs on there web site and I wanted to order there green hotseat spring to try it out. I already bought about 10 springs and I don't want to waste anymore money than I have if you already tried the hotseat green. What we need is a manufacture to step up and make a clutch kit like the polaris guys do with lighter components and springs and weights optimized for are machines and not kits that are thrown together and called a clutch kit like EPI's, I installed that kit and what a joke at least they are stepping up and making the pink spring for the kit but even that is only better not optimal for are machines we need a spring at 15 engagement and 175-180 shift out to stay at 7000-7200 rpms where we are making max power with the duals and airbox mods. I really hope somebody see's the potential with a product like that and builds it all they have to do is look at this forum and see how we pi$$ away money on mods to see the potential.

Old 06-25-2003, 10:07 AM
Pro Rider

BigOne, I will drive by tomorrow after work.

I feel dumb about this vforce discussion, because I don't have one. I am really just trying to find out what works best and write it down. I'm not 100% sure everyone here is comparing apples to apples (different mfgs).

I honestly believe that KevinM's purple spring is not the one listed on that chart. It is almost identical to the plain one and NYVforce says the plain doesn't even engage. I don't believe that it doesn't engage at all, but it probably engages at undriveably high rpm's.

KevinM, what RPM (guess) does your purple spring engage? Do you hit the limiter?

Old 06-25-2003, 10:16 AM
Pro Rider

I had the plain at 5000 rpm and it still had not engaged, I don't think kevins purple spring is similair to the epi orange spring the epi is 74.9 engagment and 134.92 shift out that would'nt engage till over 5000rpm. KevinM must have a different spring I wish he could get us the numbers on it and not the length we can't by springs by lenght. Anything over a 55 engagment is to much stall if you ask me and it cannot be good for the tranny. I don't want to have to drop my clutch at 2500 rpm or higher to get good acceleration it kills normal drive ability, it looks like we will have to wait for the EPI pink spring to come out and thats only a hold over till someone develops a dual rate or a progressive spring for us since are clutch engages instantly instead of gradually like a polaris.

Old 06-25-2003, 01:39 PM
Pro Rider

What is the best spring you found so far, nyvforce?

Old 06-25-2003, 02:04 PM
Pro Rider

I really have'nt been pleased with any of them, but I'am excited about the EPI pink spring.

Old 06-25-2003, 02:55 PM
Pro Rider

This is a good post on primary springs, but the primary spring has one purpose, it controls clutch engagement. The point at which the clutch weights over take the pressure put on by the primary spring.

Anyone reading this post, might think that just by getting the right primary spring it would give them more speed and RPM's. It would control their hole shot but not their RPM's or top speed, unless the new spring is heavier or lighter than the stock.

KevinM has his dialed in. The purple spring works just right with the Alien duels, Jetting, 12 univents, conditions that he races in and his weight. I not sure that just a spring will be a cure for everyone or anyone.

Just my .02

Old 06-25-2003, 02:55 PM
Pro Rider

This is a basic concern. If I lean up over the handle bars and stab the throttle my front tires still come up too far and I have to back off the throttle. With a more aggressive spring, it seems the situation would only be worse, not better. Maybe the larger guys dont have that problem. It seems to me the purple spring would only give me a worse holeshot. In the sand I can see how it would be nice though cause you dont wheelie as easily.

Quick Reply: V-Force vs. Banshee vs. Raptor - My Results