Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

my mojave mods....

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2003, 02:04 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my mojave mods....

this is what my quad should have by next year(jan).
all around black plastic with race cut front fenders
if in need of new tires, either maxxis, or itp all the way around with douglas .190 rims
white bros e series(im buying it july 8[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img])
twin air filter(later mabye a clamp on)
full chassis skid plate
msr bars
axle 2+2 eleminator
twist throttle
v pro front bumper
shocks(my dad really wants to invest in these, but probably not by jan)

as of now i have green hand guards, and a screened front hood.

i will definately post pics when it is complete. this is alot to do when your 15, cant what for the insuarance payements for my car next year
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 06-27-2003, 02:21 PM
Pro Rider

Cool cool!

Old 06-28-2003, 09:44 AM
Range Rover

im only 15 too, but i lucked out and i saw a completly modded mojave engine on ebay for 800$ but when i got it i had to rebuild it which wasnt all that bad, rebuilt many engines bigger than this, anywho i turned around and sold my old engine for 900$ basically an engine swap, keep your eyes peeled for those good deals out there, not to long ago there was a stroked 411 mojave motor on ebay for only 500$ hope this helps somehow BTW those mods will make your mojave awesome, black plastics nice plus that axle will be nice wider

Old 06-28-2003, 09:27 PM
Trailblazer

boob wut is quick release plastic.

1996 Kawasaki Mojave 250
dg bumper
K&N filter
13t 41t 11t Sunstar sprocket
RK 520x90 Chain
CR 80 Rental Bars

Old 06-29-2003, 09:53 AM
Range Rover

Its not like an official thing, its just something i call it. basically the way i have my plastics rigged up is in a way that i can take all of them off without all the time of unbolting the rear bumper and the gas tank and etc. this is what i posted in another topic...........basically, my gas tank isnt bolted down i have no mud guards or any thing, under my hood all that holds the front fender to the frame is the bracket with the 2 bolts, my rear fenders are held on by those 2 straps only, the ones that wrap around the frame bar. i took out all the nuts to the seat in the back and at any given time i can take both fenders off in les than 2 minutes, they hold up fine too, coming down from a 10 foot jump they stay on as if they were bolted dwon tight. when i do take my back fender off the bracket is still on the frame as is the manual holder and the bolts by the exhaust pipe, worked good for me, hope this might help you guys out because i hated takeing off all the fenders too .......also my rear fenders are held onto that bracket also with 2 bolts with wingnuts

Old 06-29-2003, 04:17 PM
Trailblazer

boob,how do you like the whie brothers? what came in the package other then the pipe? also, do you know where i could find a big gun head pipe?thank you

Old 06-29-2003, 04:41 PM
Pro Rider

FATGUY
Go to www.atvtires.com
They have a great slection of pipes and stuff! They have the bigg gun!
Well hope that helps!

Old 06-29-2003, 09:46 PM
Range Rover

Hey fatguy, the white brothers pipe is great, only drawback is the noise level. It wounds great and deep throaty but it is really really loud. id talk to mojavekid about the big gun pipe since he has one . The package came with a size 140 jet a K and N filter and the pipe itself but i eliminated the K and N after a while when i got the clamp on, this kit is no longer being produced as far as i know, the power gains were great with the pipe the top end was there and the bottom end was boosted aswell. sounds awesome when you have the throttle in all the way.

Old 06-29-2003, 10:14 PM
Trailblazer

do u no wut the measurements for the clamp on filter is and does your quad ever bog down because of to much air or it doesn't because of the jet installed

Old 06-29-2003, 11:37 PM
Range Rover

the clamp on is a UNI filter 2 stage filter and the diameter of the clamp is 2 1/4 inch and its on sale at denniskirk.com . when i got the kit with the jets and K and N drop in filter it ran perfect once the jet and pipe was installed but once i got the clamp on i had to drop a couple jet sizes if you need any more help just post

Quick Reply: my mojave mods....