Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

buying a quad

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2003, 11:56 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default buying a quad

when talking to a dealer, if im using the kawasaki financing plan on the kawasaki card, is there anything i should know?
my questions are
1. should i be able to try to get him to throw in any free gear, is this normal practice for a dealer to do?
2. try to get them to lower the price? they want 6599 for a 2004 vforce
3. any extra chages to expect? they already have 3 in the store, so i wouldnt be ordering one.

thanks

Old 06-30-2003, 12:04 AM
Range Rover
Default buying a quad

umm, if you want him to lower the price, try to find a lower one somewhere else then tell him about it...?? i dunno it might work. if your tryin to get some free gear to, you might walk over to the helmets and say you need one and ask if it is included,. its worth a try, and i dont think you should excpect changes. i hope this helps~

~later days

Old 06-30-2003, 12:19 AM
Trailblazer
Default buying a quad

alright thanks just wondering what was the normal things to do.

are there any extra fee's tho, like shipping or anything else? they have 3 of them in the store already if that matters.

Old 06-30-2003, 12:27 AM
Range Rover
Default buying a quad

I got mine for $6100 and then out the door for $6420, plus 2 oil filters, some oil and a free helmet. All this and plus they delivered it to my house.

Old 06-30-2003, 12:35 AM
Pro Rider
Default buying a quad

There is a very good possibility that there will be a destination charge(shipping) and a setup fee. It just kinda depends on the dealer, some advertise a lower price but then tack those fees on top of that price, and some have a more expensive but don't charge for setup & shipping.

From my dealer I get them to throw in a new helmet and a set of nerf bars and $200-$300 bucks off MSRP, but they charge for shipping and a setup fee. I also buy a new quad every other year so they tend to take care of me.

Old 06-30-2003, 02:47 AM
Trailblazer
Default buying a quad

you will probably have to pay a shipping fee the dealer was gonna charge me $600 for shipping and $200 for tax on a mojave which otd was $4800 and then he told me that he was making a deal with me.

Old 06-30-2003, 03:01 AM
Trailblazer
Default buying a quad

Originally posted by: BabyMoose
I got mine for $6100 and then out the door for $6420, plus 2 oil filters, some oil and a free helmet. All this and plus they delivered it to my house.
That is a very good deal... can you tell me what dealer it was? I noticed you live in North Dakota, not too far away at all. If I could get a deal like that from them I would drive up there with the trailer my self and get it. Do they have a website? Thanks.

Old 06-30-2003, 03:45 AM
Pro Rider
Default buying a quad

alot of dealers will give a 10 percent off on merchandise for your atv

Old 06-30-2003, 05:36 AM
Range Rover
Default buying a quad

Ansible,

I got mine up in Minot from Action Cycles. I called all the surrounding stores to see what they had in stock and there asking price and they were the cheapest. I found all the phone #'s from Kawasaki's web site.

Since I lived out of town and had to work late, I asked if I could look @ it on a Sunday, and they had a person come in and show me the V. Sad part was the person wasn't a salesman, but there mechanic. So I wasn't able to bring it home that day. They called me the next day and made me an offer and said they were coming to Bis and that they could drop it off for me and I just couldn't refuse the offer.

Where in SD do you live???

Old 06-30-2003, 09:23 AM
Pro Rider
Default buying a quad

Tell em you like the bike but wont ride one without a helmet that you dont have, and then ask them how you get it up into your truck? When they say with ramps, have thoose thrown in too. Even if you allready have some. Most dealers buy so many sets of ramps, they give them away first. The further down you talk them on price of the bike, the less stuff they will give you. Good luck.

Quick Reply: buying a quad