Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Vforce wins GNCC races

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2003, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vforce wins GNCC races

OK big whoop!
Kaw introduced the bike as a pure racer ready to take on the Raptor and Preditor and such then enters it into the utility class for racing. Gee you think it could run with Recons and other utility quads?
I do think it is great that Kaw is in racing but come on race the big boys.

Old 06-30-2003, 11:28 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: daimon1054
OK big whoop!
Kaw introduced the bike as a pure racer ready to take on the Raptor and Preditor and such then enters it into the utility class for racing. Gee you think it could run with Recons and other utility quads?
I do think it is great that Kaw is in racing but come on race the big boys.
Just look at the other classes and you will get your wish.

Old 07-01-2003, 12:24 AM
Range Rover

That's pretty funny that you dont have a clue there Daimon1054, why dont you come race 4 stroke stock and even place in the top 10.

Old 07-01-2003, 12:28 AM
Pro Rider

I bet its sure nice racing the v-force with the auto transmission, and being able to concentrate more on the race rather than gears..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-01-2003, 12:46 AM
Range Rover

Do you even look at GNCC lap times daimon1054 or anything else. Give these guys more time on this bike, and just watch. Would love to take mine out there just to have fun, but after watching all the flats come off that mountain at wisp.... I believe a nice mud track will be my first time out.

HMF dauls in the garage waiting to go on......sound alone worth the price.

Old 07-01-2003, 02:09 AM
Pro Rider

OK first I'm not knocking the V-force I love the bike
2nd I grew up racing hare and hounds and enduro so woods racing is not new to me.

My point is why call it the ultimate quad then race the utility quad class? don't care what lap times are if they are running the speed of the big boys race them. IMO I think the V-force could be in the running for an over all it just looks to me like Kaw was scared. They wanted to ensure a win and going up against utility quads with full factory backing and the best riders around guarenties it.

Old 07-01-2003, 03:13 AM
Trailblazer

well, I have stared at this post long enough (about 20 minutes now)I am trying to decipher the point that daimon1054 is trying to make......still not sure!

I do know that out of the 203 ATVs that raced on Saturday at the Wisp, there were probably several dozen Suzuki's, Honda's, Polaris's and Yamaha's to compete against the handful of V-forces that were there. The V-force was probably out numbered by 20 to 1 by the competition. This ratio will change, as the V-Force has only been on the Dealership floors for a few months now. Even at this ratio ( others or the big boys vs. the V-Force) Green team still finished ahead of 201 of those big boys on his "stock" V-Force. He has also done this more than once, and has also won the overall with the V-Force in other GNCC races, and the rest of us V-forcers did fairly well also, by finishing ahead of more than 1/2 of the entire field.

Remember, other than the 26 stock class bikes that were in this race, most of the other quads were all tricked out modded quads, or the so called big boys I guess. They have also had years to tune these other quads, the V- is still green on the track and will take time to get it tuned for full out racing.

Is the V-Force the best racer out there...no!, it does have a few issues, but it is still a very competitive quad out of the box, and most of all it is just so darn easy and soo much fun to ride........

I agree...I would love to see the V-Force race the big boys in the Pro-Production class, the mods that are allowed in this class would resolve most of the issues that surround the V-Force, namely the suspension along with being able to shed a few pounds....

Once again, I congrdulate Team Green for "his" win in the 4-stroke stock class, and his second place overall finish......

I congratulate Kawasaki for being smart enough to have him ride their quad, for building a decent and competitive quad that is both very fun to ride and race,......AND for supporting the GNCC racing program.

I am also not product loyal to any specific brand, but the more I ride and race this Big-V the more I like it............

.....tarrat

Old 07-01-2003, 09:01 AM
Pro Rider

Nice race report on your site, tarrat.
We hang out down near Millfield, at Wayne National Forest. I know what you mean about SERIOUS MUD!!When we aren't in the Wayne, we're in Hatfield/McCoy trails.

Old 07-01-2003, 11:54 AM
Pro Rider

Tarrat103 you kind of prove my point, The V-force is an awsome quad and as stated capable of going for the overall. So why enter it in the utility class? From that class they won OK but it should never have been entered there. That would be like Yamaha entering the new YFZ450 in the utility class, it does not belong. So was KAW so unsure of what they made that they hedged the bet? Do they just want to say they went undefeted in their class? Put the quad in the Pro Prod class (the big boys) not the utility.

Old 07-01-2003, 04:23 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 3TV
Daimon,
I think perhaps you are missing something here. Greenteam races in the 4-stroke stock class, because he rides a <u>stock</u> V-force that just so happens to have a 4-stroke engine in it (hence the name of <u>4-stroke stock</u> for that class). That <u>is</u> the same class that a stock Yamaha YFZ450 will race in. And Greenteam won that class on a V-force.

So what was your point again? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

3TV
Exactly, would you want to put a stock yfz450 in a class with a bunch of 310r's with 15 grand worth of mods and watch it get destroyed?

Quick Reply: Vforce wins GNCC races