Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

V-Force Trans. Chatter W/ Paddle Tires ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2003, 01:03 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V-Force Trans. Chatter W/ Paddle Tires ?

Does anyone know what makes the transmission chatter with paddle tires on? Will this hurt anything in the long run.... ect. Running 22-11-10 10 paddle haulers. Also it only does it when you've let off of the gas and the bike is just barely rolling. Any way to fix this?

Old 07-11-2003, 01:24 PM
Range Rover

I would like to know as well as mine does it. Same thing as you described. It sounds like there is slack in the driveline that bounces back and forth with the paddles.

Old 07-11-2003, 07:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

Got the same problem on my fathers vforce. Only seems to make noise when the paddles are on. I don't know! His vforce is completly stock except for 22" 8 blade paddles. The quad only has about 6 hours (at most) on it

Old 07-11-2003, 09:42 PM
Pro Rider

Here is a tip that a lot of P650 owners have used to solve issues created with large tires. Replace your belt with a 360 belt and switch the clutch weights with those from a 360. For some reason this seems to solve many of the problems related to bigger tires and I wouldn't be suprise if it solved the problems with paddle tires.

Old 07-11-2003, 11:50 PM
Pro Rider

I like to avoid that gearbox clack as much as possible.

I I were U, I would either not use the paddles, get some that are angled enough to not do that, or have alltoys make me some helical cut trans gears.

Old 07-14-2003, 11:56 AM
Pro Rider

I have the same problem. You can avoid it by watching your driving style in the sand. It only happens when "putting" so I just dont putt in the sand. I drive or stop, but dont putt around.

Old 07-14-2003, 12:03 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: green700
I have the same problem. You can avoid it by watching your driving style in the sand. It only happens when "putting" so I just dont putt in the sand. I drive or stop, but dont putt around.

I do the same thing and it seems to keep the clattering to a minimum.

Old 07-14-2003, 12:34 PM
Pro Rider

hey skinner aree you the one that had the v-force at the river sunday? if so i was the one with the predator

Old 07-14-2003, 12:47 PM
Pro Rider

the V force 700 doesn't have the engine breaking solinoid the same as the Prairies, which keeps the front clutch basket tighter ??? ... I'm wondering if you couldn't fix this with a tighter front spring, or by tightening the belt to minimum specifications... anyone thats tried a different front spring on thier 700, run paddle tires ???? PCDOC what does the EPI clutch kit consist of... ... otherwise if it was really in the gears of the trans, wouldn't it be noticeable on a Prairie with Outlaws, puttsing around on hardpack ????... WAM

Old 07-14-2003, 01:12 PM
Range Rover

EPI clutch kit comes with a red primary spring, black secondary spring, and some different clutch weights. Mine made the clatter even with the red spring in. Also, I have 27" Outlaws on my 03 Prairie and it doesn't make the clatter on pavement. Although compared to paddles, the Outlaws don't have the space difference between the treads which may be the reason it doesn't do it.

Quick Reply: V-Force Trans. Chatter W/ Paddle Tires ?