Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Harescramble races?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2003, 03:25 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harescramble races?

I was wondering if anyone here rides in harescramble races and what they ride in them or just tell what exactly a harescramble is..lol? Does anyone ride mojave's in them?

Thanks,
Jason

Old 07-11-2003, 03:35 PM
Range Rover

Yes. I ride my 2002 Mojave in local hare scrambles around Wisconsin. Hare scrambles can best be described as fast trail riding, only the trails are very tight!! I ran last year at Pine Ridge and they actually used part of the MX track for the course. The "C" and "B" class guys usually ride for an hour and the "A" class guys go for 1-1/2 hours. It's a timed competition in which you stop at a check point after every lap and they record your time. They really are a lot of fun. Conditioning (stamina) is key....the races take a lot outta ya.

Old 07-11-2003, 04:01 PM
Pro Rider

They also race utility classes & I race my 650 Prairie in that class... I highly reccommend some brand of hydration pack as well, i.e. camel backs... I fill mine half full, then freeze it, & add cold water before I race, to have a cold drink through out the race... some guys put gatorade in them as well... the races can be really gruelling physically, & hard on you quad, as there is alot of contact between quads & obsticals ...there is a short story of my 1st hare scramble race under the ATV Racing catagory, & a few of the pictures from that race if you click the camera on my post... hare scrambles require good decisions, endurance, & a little luck... your Mojave will work well for this type of race, although you'll probably be competeing with Preditors, depending on how they set up the classes in your area...Have A Good One ...WAM

Old 07-11-2003, 10:40 PM
Pro Rider

I run Hare Scrambles in B class of District 23 in Minnesota on my polaris predator. Hare Scrambles are basically a cross country race through woods that are just as wide as your machine, and can open up to anything...pasture, fields, and even full MX courses in part of the lap. Races in D23 normally last 2 hrs. in length. They usually put a bar scanner or some sort of ID on you and count how many laps you make in the 2 hours. The most laps in the shortest amount of time wins. You can take any machine in a Hare scramble...and I mean any!! if you have money, make sure you have good tires, and all the comforts you can for longevity...good grips, suspension, handlebars...etc. Sometimes exhaust or light mods help low end power if your machine lacks it. Otherwise, Get a hydration pack, and I highly recommend a set of roll-off lens goggles in case of muddy races. This will give you 35 chances to clear your vision in dust or mud!! If you just get the water pack, roll-offs, and good hand grips, go enter and have fun, just see what happens. For more info, you can search for a racing district near you at the AMA website. Happy racing!

Old 07-12-2003, 10:32 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks guys for your input that sounds very exciting!! What tires would you recomend for a mojave I would like to get set up and race ASAP!! It sound like a blast, again thanks for your responses

Old 07-12-2003, 09:46 PM
Range Rover

does anyone know where i can get info on a haresramble?

Old 07-13-2003, 12:20 AM
Weekend Warrior

Is there anywhere in Texas where they are having harescrambles or any ATV clubs in North Central Texas????