Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

lock up my vforce how?????

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2003, 04:07 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lock up my vforce how?????

ok today for the second time my cd player has gotten stolen from my car parked at my house, and the face wasnt even on it!!! my dad also said that some carptenters just had their whole trailer full of working supplys stolen too the theifs cut the lock and ran off with the thing.

anyways, what do you guys recomend buying to protect the vforce i just bought? i dont want to have to pay off this 7k thing i just got and not even have it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

i have no kryptonite dealers in the area, so is there some type of really heavy duty chain and lock to get? i was thikning i should drill some holes in the floor of the cement in the shed i store my vforce in, get some strong metal things to lock the chain to, and wrap the chain around the frame or other parts.

Old 07-13-2003, 04:43 PM
Trailblazer

What I am going to do to chain my quad up is use one of those dog chain things that you screw into the ground, a heavy duty one, and pour concrete around it and use a heavy duty chain and lock to keep my quad secure. And I'm also going to put a kill switch after the key so even if the try to hot wire the key switch there will be another one that will be hidden under the plastic.

Old 07-13-2003, 05:14 PM
Pro Rider

Ansible

I had the same worries as you. I hated the thought of making payments for several years and not even have my bike to show for it. What I did was have my V insured. It was around $300 for the year "Progressive", but I dont have to worry what I would do if it ever gets stolen.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-13-2003, 07:42 PM
Pro Rider

If there is a Home Depot near you, they carry the Kryptonite cables and locks. You may want to do the concrete like the others mentioned and use Kryptonite and chains to deter theives. The best way to prevent theft is for them not to know you have it. If you keep it in your garage, keep the door shut. I also keep a cover and/or blanket over mine so it is not visible from the street.

Old 07-13-2003, 07:43 PM
Pro Rider

Yep same here got full coverage insurance for the prairie cost me 186.00 for a full year... farmers insurance.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-13-2003, 08:32 PM
Range Rover

if you plan on doing the concrete thing, then I would suggest buyng a semi truck spring "U bolt", about 3/4"- 1" thick, no one will cut that if you bury it in concrete and it will last forever, leave it up about 3" out of the concrete so you can get a cable or chain through. and if you can bury it in a 4"- 6" pipe resessed in to the concrete, it would be very hard to cut any lock off at that angle .

Old 07-13-2003, 11:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

The concrete thing is a good idea. A industial hardware supply can get you some 80 or 100 proof chain. It can only be cut with a cut-off blade or a blowtorch. Bolt cutters won't even put a mark in it. We use it at where I work to secure some equipment outside.

Old 07-14-2003, 03:02 AM
Trailblazer

A motion detector light, a big mean dog, and a "forget about dog, beware of owner(picture of hand gun)" sign. A burglar can break into anything if he has the time and privacy. If it looks like he can't get in and out without being noticed, he'll move on and find an easier target.

Old 07-14-2003, 11:17 AM
Pro Rider

THe only way to protect your ATV is have it locked up with insurance. I have seen thieves steal quads that you wouldnt believe. Like Kryptonite chains and parked in front of a car so theres no way they could get it out the door. Well they did. It was my wifes V Force. They broke into the car got the car out of the garage and took the V. We had no Insurance. GET INSURANCE! Thats the only thing you can do to save yourself from a theif. I have American Family Insurance now on my other V and it cost me $136 per year.

Old 07-14-2003, 12:05 PM
Trailblazer

Well I protect my V with a nice fence and pit bull from the local dog pound. Man for some reason people just don't want to come over the fence and play with him...And you get the bonus of having another friend, saving a life and security..What more could you ask for?

My V also stays in a locked shop.....

Quick Reply: lock up my vforce how?????