Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Kawasaki Promo Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2003, 12:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kawasaki Promo Question

I saw the release the same places that prairieman2000 did. I started looking after reading that some else got this promo on there new pairie. I am going to call Kawasaki this morning to get the prom code or have one of their reps call my dealer. I am really suprised that I am having this trouble in the last 3 years I have bought 3 quads and 4 snowmobiles from this dealer. They have always treated me good and they hurry things up for me when ever I have them work on something for me. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 07-25-2003, 01:47 PM
Pro Rider

I am a saleman at our Kawasai shop ,the deals that Kawasaki have going on is 3.9% interest for 24 months with a payment of $39 dollars a month if the the total price is less than $10,000 and $69 dollars a month if it is over that amount , you can also get a warn 2500lb winch for $69 and there is $300 rebate.

Old 07-25-2003, 02:04 PM
Pro Rider

I called Kawasaki this morning and they confirmed that the promo is in effect and my Prairie should have been offered with one. I think that Kawasaki is going to call the dealer. I also spoke to the salesman who I bought it from and he said he still couldn't find anything on the promo. When he found out we had called Kawasaki he said that he was sure his rep would be getting back with him and it sounded to him like I should get my winch. He is suposed to call me back latter today. I don't understand the hold up, I called Kawasaki and had a customer service rep in less than 30 seconds talking to me. She was excellent to deal with.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 07-25-2003, 04:41 PM
Pro Rider

Jeffro, I am going to get the winch when my 700 comes in, I have a question about the rest, If I take Kaw up on there 3.9% for 24 month's can I still get the 300 dollar rebate with the winch and financing or do i have to pick one or the other, reason i ask It would be good to be able to get my best deal with the winch added in with the financing and STILL get 300 buck's in my pocket....how would this work?????

Old 07-25-2003, 05:33 PM
Pro Rider

Kawasaki customer service said the $300.00 is only on the 03 models. So the cash rebate is only good on the 650 as the 700 is an 04 model.

Old 07-27-2003, 07:04 PM
Pro Rider

Well I am really getting mad now, the dealer still won't commit to giving me my winch for $69.00. They also told me that if I do get it I need to buy an instal kit that costs about a $100.00. Then they wanted me to have them put it on and pay for the install. To top things off I spoke to another businessman who does lots of business with this dealer and he told me they do this all the time. They got in trouble with Suzuki a couple years ago for pocketing rebates and promo deals. I will be going tot he Better Business Bureau and contacting Kawasaki again on Monday. This is getting personel and spoilling the whole purchase. And I love this Prairie 700 it is soo much fun to ride. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 07-27-2003, 07:47 PM
Pro Rider

DirtVH, call 949-460-5688 or 949-770-0400 and ask for ext 2467, If this guy is still there he helped me several time, really get themessage across to him what they are doing to you before you hang up and demand HE call's the dealer and get's this matter resolved, also ask for a log number so your problem will be recorded and documented..... I would get that winch for 69 buck's come hell or high water, can't believe they are trying to screw you like this, you may need to find another dealer when this is all settled.... mine charges about 35-40 bucks for the monting kit and you can install it yourself, your paying for it!!! he does charge about 50 buck's to install it, this bunch is really trying to screw you man, don't let them, let Kawasaki themselves straighten it out, they will, just let them know how dissappointed you are that this dealer that represent's THEM is doing this to you, THAT will get action taken........

Old 07-27-2003, 10:34 PM
Pro Rider

Did you ever think that the dealer might not have gotten info on the program? I work for kawasaki and this is the first that I have heard of the winch promo. In fact I am going to check this out myself, I have printed the press release am going to take it to work and call my kawasaki rep.

Old 07-27-2003, 11:12 PM
Pro Rider

Zoinks!!! I started thinking this might be an oversight. But after talking to them Wednesday they said they would contact Kawasaki. By friday they still said they had not been able to speak to anyone at Kawasaki, I called took me all of about 40 seconds to be speaking to a customer service rep. Rep told me they sent out the promo notice on June 4th. Very nice people took down info and said to call them back if it wasn't resolved. Spoke to dealer got same BS but they hinted they might give me the winch for $69.00 but then tried to extort a bunch more money from me. Then as I said I spoke to someone who buys lots of toys (motorcycles, snowmobiles, boats, etc. Has lots more money than I ever will) He knows the owner of the dealership personally. He said they have gotten caught doing this by Suzuki and have a horrible rep for pulling this stuff. At this point I think they are trying to figure out how to get me to go away and not have to give this promo to anyone else they sold a eligible Kawasaki to. Plus this promo runs till Decemeber 31st. But I will be taking out an add in the thrifty nickle to let everyone in this area know about this promo and what happened. As I said I am reasonable to a point but don't rip me off. I guess I will be driving 30 miles for my warranty and service work.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 07-28-2003, 11:22 AM
Trailblazer

DirtVH, take a cell phone and a camcorder with you, to your dealership. Then call the Kawasaki customer service rep yourself.

Ask the service rep regarding the promo, and then tell them about your situation.
Ask the customer service rep to speak to the owner of the dealership, hand him over you cell.
This should resolve the "not being able get a hold of Kawasaki" part of your problem.

The camcorder is to be used as proof for proceedings against him by the Better Business Bureau.
It also can pressure him to behave like a good little boy.

My local ford dealer tried the same thing with me for a $1000 off promo of any new Truck.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Kawasaki Promo Question