Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Kawasaki Promo Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2003, 04:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kawasaki Promo Question

Pray, I LIKE that idea, I like it!!!!, Zoinks, PLEASE? you work for a dealer and haven't heard about this and it's been on for over a month, how many people doesthese dealer's owe winches to now?????????

Old 07-28-2003, 04:44 PM
Pro Rider

My guess is that they owe a bunch. I know the dealer I bought mine from sells alot of quads this time of year. I think that is half of why they are trying not to give me mine even though they have been caught at it. I will keep everyone updated it's not like I don't spend enough money on toys. I have bought 3 new quads in the last year and a half plus two used ones. I have also purchased 3 snowmobiles in the last 3 years. Then all the gear, helmets, rack, snow suits, boots, gloves, etc. etc. The list goes on and most all this stuf was bought from this dealer. Still working on this, I will get what is owed to me or else.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 07-28-2003, 05:24 PM
Pro Rider

We have to go by what Kawasaki sends us. In fact go to Kawasaki's website and it doesnt list any winch promotion. So you guys are going off of a press release which can be changed at anytime. It doesnt matter to the dealer if you get a winch or not, they get reimbursed for most of the price of the winch if a customer buys one. I double checked my official kawasaki promo sheet and all there is on my sheet is $300 cash back to the customer as well as 3.9% for 2 yrs financing. When I hear more I will post

Old 07-28-2003, 06:16 PM
Pro Rider

I have seen dealer's like this before, they keep the winches and still turn them in to Kaw or Suz and get reimbursed anyway for the winch even though they didn't sell it to the customer, then kick back more money by selling the winch for full price or at least "dealer' cost and BAM they've made money twice..... What a scam!!!! same thing goes for the rebate, if the buyer doesn't know about it he leaves the dealership without taking advantage of it and the dealer write's it up anyway and they get the rebate.....After this all over FIND AN HONEST DEALER!!!!!!!!

Old 07-28-2003, 07:00 PM
Pro Rider

Zoinks!! if you read all the posts you would know that I spoke to Kawasaki once, Kawasaki confirmed the Promo. Just to update you guys Kawasaki called the dealer they called me about an hour ago said that I was getting my winch for $69.00 dollars. they want me to come fill out the paperwork for it. i will be going in on Wednesday to get it. The sales manager who I normally deal with has been on Vacation for about 10 days he returns on Wednesday. I will speak to him then and see if he makes things better if not I will take my winch and then take the rest of my business to another dealer. As I also said this dealer has a horrible reputation for things like this, I didn't realize how bad until I started complainning about this several people I know have had simular things happen to them there. Some refuse to do anymore business with them other have called them on it and made sure that it doesn't ever happen to them again. This is the first problem I have ever had with them. But it sure makes me think as to if I will purchase here again. So bottom line Kawasaki called the dealer they took all the info when I called to complain. Will be interesting to see if they are offering the winch to all their other customers or not. I will update when I pick it up wednesday.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 07-28-2003, 07:17 PM
Pro Rider

Don't know if you talked to the guy I suggested, but Kaw is pretty good about getting "crap" taken care of, If they still want to charge you 100 buck's for the mounting bracket, take the winch for 69 and go somewhere else for the mounting bracket, Heck you can order it online cheaper....Zoink's I didn't mean to disrepect you, but taking care of the customer is what earn's business not getting as must money as you can and screw them then, this promo had been on for a while and if you still don't know of it, then your manager is not doing his job by keeping you informed, how much business will you lose by this, It's a shame when the public know's more about a corporation than the dealership's do, this leaves a bad taste in our mouth's...... I told my salesman 3 month's ago that he would have a Pra. 700 to sell by summer, that they were being built then, he said" I don't believe that" I knew from this internet site about it and the dealer didn't even know, same goes for part's or service work, when the customer comes in with a problem and tell the service or part's and we get" I don't know what you're talking about" if pisses us off, YOU ALL are supposed to be the pro's and we know more than you, that's bad........How hard is it to believe what we are saying here. It's been confirmed the promo is on and is real, why do still agree with the other dealer and deny it......hope all get's cleared up soon, If I were you guy's that worked at a dealer, I would stay more informed about the product's I sold and factory "promo's" for future business sake......

Old 07-29-2003, 08:45 AM
Pro Rider

I am one of the honest sales guys and I wish I was closer to you guys to help out. I am one of you guys so please dont make me out to be one of the crappy dealer guys. I wish you could talk to all of my customers to hear how they will only deal with me! The promo sheet that I have is directly from Kawasaki, and my sales manager is an awesome guy(he is a dirt guy!). Its not that I dont believe you guys its just that I have access to the source so I choose to hear it right from their mouth but I wont hear anything till weds or thurs cause I strained my back and cant get to work till then but when I do I will find out cause I will push the issue and see if any of my customers deserve a winch! You guys are great and I would have never heard about this unless you guys posted about this issue!

Old 07-29-2003, 08:49 AM
Pro Rider

My biggest complaint that I talk to my reps about IS COMMUNICATION!!! To get a taste of the communication we get check out Kawasaki's Website and click on their promo's for this month. You wont find a winch deal!!!

Old 07-29-2003, 03:17 PM
Pro Rider

Zoinks Sound's like you do care about the customer, some dealer's or salemen don't, and I've learned that people come back and SEND other folk's to the dealer's that do them right, I wonder too, why Kaw has not updated their website with this info, and why they don't inform you all better? Yamaha has had this deal with Warn winch for a long time, and to my knowledge this is Kaw's first crack at it, You would'nt believe how many more quad's are sold just by being able to get a 450 winch for 69 buck's.......Kaw should see this and want the info out there as it will increase sales, don't you think.....Let us know Dirtvh when you get that winch...........

Old 07-30-2003, 12:03 AM
Trailblazer

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I purchased a new p700 on July 3 and after reading the well informed forum members I called my
dealer about the promo, He said he just found out about it on July 25. He was very nice and ask
if I wanted a winch for the $69.00. I pick mine up thursday. Dealer will install for $179.00 including
winch, adapter plate, labor.

Quick Reply: Kawasaki Promo Question