Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

your worst crash???

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2003, 02:15 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default your worst crash???

Ok people of the kawi forum I have a quistion for you guys. Everyone here has crashed at some point in time and if you haven't then either your a pro and I bow down to you or your just not riding hard enough. So here's my story to start things rolling.

I was hauling butt through a field that I didn't know being stupid going about 60-65 miles an hour when all of a sudden the ground drops out from beneath me and I hit the other side of this dip making my front wheels come up so that when my back wheels hit they come off while the front goes down really fast. I got bucked off the front flying through the air. This is all I remember. But by judgind by the nice skid marks on my arm and side it ran me over. When I awoke I was sliding on my front with my head bouncing along the ground. I stand up and see that my not even 2 week old V is ok with all four wheels on the ground way away from me and fall back down. After a ten minute break me and my freinds go back to riding and jumping but when we went in for a break I got really stiff. Four days later I finally forgot my pride and went to the doctor. Turned out that I ripped all the ligaments in my lower spine and back, pushed my tail bone so that it curved in instead of out, severe whiplash, and popped my right top two ribs out of place. I have never had a more painfull shower than that night.

Old 07-30-2003, 10:21 AM
Pro Rider

That sounds painful. I hope you get better.

Old 07-30-2003, 12:13 PM
Trailblazer

This was back when the V first came out. I'm all healed up now.

Old 07-30-2003, 12:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

that sounds painfull m8...im glad you survived=)

Old 07-30-2003, 12:24 PM
Trailblazer

Come on guys post up your stories to. Wrecks are some of the best stories there are.

Old 07-30-2003, 01:13 PM
Pro Rider

Lets see, a wreck......hmmm....I never had one yet on a quad. Some close calls like backing up into a big hole in the ground while riding double....that was scary. I'm fairly carefull of were I drive my quad and I usually ride alone so I don't do crazy stuff...lol.

Old 07-30-2003, 02:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

nothin muajor...going down a hill on a three wheelere in Ihink 4th gear and I hit a rutt. I was thrown away from it but it rolled a couple of times...one of my dad's buddies was riding my dads magnum and his wife waso n the back with him because they were going to pick raseberriers in the crp land. they were coming back and went up a hill that they shouldnt of and it came over on them. she only got a bruise and nothing happend to him. the fourwheeler was at the bottom of hte hill rubber down still running. the only slight damage there was is that the handle bars bent slightly not even notciable unless you really look. later

friesen

Old 07-30-2003, 03:42 PM
Trailblazer

last weekend, going up a rather small hill... too much gas near the top.. front end came up.. I fell off (not hurt).. V rolls sideways down the hill for about 20ft... bent/broke right side of handlebars..broke two plastic support pieces under front fenders.. and gonna need a new tail light/assembly.. I'm not very good on hills yet, gonna stay away from 'em for awhile [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-30-2003, 09:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

couple of years ago i was racing down a dirt road and i had a tire blow. it sent me and the fourwheeler towards a barbed wire fence. the atv went through the fence and i hit the fence and bounced off and then slid down the road on my back. the atv was so hung up in the fence that the wires had to be cut and one post taken out (not to mention the post that the atv hit and busted). the wire cut me all up including a gash on my eye.

Old 07-30-2003, 11:05 PM
Pro Rider

Lost all last summer riding time because of a broken hand.

On the first ride of the spring, I managed to flip the P650 over is such a way
that the end of the handle bar stabbed the palm of my hand when it came down.
Couldn't grip the handle bar very tight the rest of the summer [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Summary ........ don't try to restart a hill climb in the middle of the hill , back down
and get a new run for it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: your worst crash???