Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Hot Mojave Look

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-1999, 05:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also, I saw some cross country results where Bill Ballance is doing pretty good with his KXF250, usually 2nd or 3rd. It still gives you pride in riding the machines if they have a race team. I don't know how, but it does(even if you don't have the same modified version), probably even more with green plastic. Penland's not only doing well, but he's an 8 time GNCC Utility Mod class champion, and continuing to do so with his modified Prarie. Did you guys read the article in the August '99 issue of ATVsport? It was an interview about handling XC with Mike Penland, and there is some really good info in it.

------------------
- 1996 Kawasaki Mojave, 1998 Kawasaki Mojave, http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/B...8090/home.html

Old 07-30-1999, 09:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

boger-

The KXF-250 is still in the design/testing stage, hence why it's being raced. I certainly don't want to ride an ATV that's never been tested by the factory to at least operate correctly. Would you ever consider using a first run piece of software, say, the first day bill gates wrote some code for win95, i certainly wouldn't trust it (heck, you can barely trust the final release not to crash!) That took a few years to get into it's mediocre state that it's in now, I'd like to think Kawasaki would do AT LEAST that much work and testing. And in this case, is there any reason not to let the public see the KXF250, to get the potential buyers wallets ready, to let them start day dreaming that one day they may be able to purchace such a machine? I think not - it'll set them up to make that much more money from the project, which right now, hasn't made them anything - only cost them. As far as the Mojave 410, same thing, only this one is much more easily acertainable. A person could concievably get a 410 kit, and all of the aftermarket parts that comprise the 410 Mojave. Or this again could spur up the dreams of owning such a machine some day for someone who wants a powerful 4 stroke, not a 2 stroke.

Ride-

In stock form, I consider the Mojave fun, cheap, and easy to ride. Not race ready. With a sticker price of only $4000, it makes a MUCH easier start into the ATVing world than say a 400ex.

Houstong-

To buy true yellow plastic you would have to buy it from Maier. Thier aftermarket plastic will not fit as well as the factory plastic, and only comes in the 'race front' design. It also costs more than factory plastic does. Bot you will be able to buy it in any color you desire.

------------------
-Chris Olson "The Black Hawk" 1990 CT LT250R, 1987 Mojave Green&Mean I'm always 100% right so don't even ask :P

Old 07-31-1999, 01:31 AM
Pro Rider

Too bad Kawasaki really doesn't plan on making the KXF250... or at least that is what they are telling the dealers. But they do have a Mojave 400 planned for the future. This is what the owner of the Kawasaki/Yamaha dealership that I will be working for next fall passed on to me about what is up the Big 4s sleeves.

Tom Rawlins