Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

mojave, the most underrated quad ever???

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2003, 09:33 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mojave, the most underrated quad ever???

swing arm is one I made myself. i call my stuff "GreeneStreak Racing" but I only make it for myself as of right now. Swing arm is +2.75 inches. I calculated 3 inches to be just a little too much.

As for the carb thing, a good mod is to put a 400ex carb on your mojave. especially if it has some mods. The 400 carb has an accell pump and is cable actuated (no diaphram) I think it is 35.5 mm. That is 1.5 mm bigger than a stock carb. If you look around long enough on ebay and stuff you can pick one up for 50 bucks. I like to change to a honda thumb throttle when using the 400 carb. I also remove the entire choke assembly from the 400 carb to get more flow. Goodbye hesitation and welcome some more power!

Old 08-28-2003, 04:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The 400EX mod sounds good. I'm going to check into it. Your swingarm looks good. Since you went 2.75" long and thought +3 would be too much, maybe a Lakota swingarm will work fine for me a +1".

Old 09-02-2003, 12:00 PM
Trailblazer

Yes i have to agree the Mojave is way underratted! My friend who has a warrior says they are Pieces of Crap but i say no ur wrong! The Mojave has a way better motor than a Warrior! The Warrior has a SOHC with 2 valves[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] and the Mojave has DOHC with 4 valves[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]and the Mojave is a H.O. a High Output motor! NOW WHICH SOUNDS BETTER TO U!

Old 10-21-2003, 01:53 AM
Trailblazer

thats where youre wrong, mojave has more power

Old 10-21-2003, 02:03 AM
Weekend Warrior

hey best of indica, that name wouldnt happen to do with the indica as in a strain of a certian type of plant would it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-21-2003, 08:57 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: spballer
hey best of indica, that name wouldnt happen to do with the indica as in a strain of a certian type of plant would it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
LMAO I never noticed that.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

about the mojave being out dated. IT IS !!! look at the motors being made to day. I would bet that the mojave has the heaviest motor made for a quad[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I like my mojave don't get me wrong. but they could update it once in a while.

Old 10-21-2003, 09:30 AM
Pro Rider

The Mojave is an excellent machine I have total respect for it. I used to have a 95 Lakota (much like a Moajve) and the handling was awesome in the trails and it went like crazy in the snow.

Old 10-21-2003, 04:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Mojave is a good quad. It won't compare to a KXF 400 but it wasn't meant to. I've got both and my Mojave is better for super slow riding and fits between the trees better than the KXF. It doesn't have the stalling tendency of the Z/KXF when going super slow and offers better ground clearence at the swingarm with stock tires.

The Mo doesn't even compare when it comes to power (of couse not, 250cc) and ride. The Mo needs plusher shocks and to be a bit longer and wider but that is $ so I don't think it's worth the money to mod it. Of course, I picked up a Lakota swingarm off Ebay for under $50 so I'm curoius how that will effect the ride and handling of the Mo.

Old 10-21-2003, 09:47 PM
Pro Rider

Ya man me to
so let me knwo and tell us all how that made teh mojave fell?

Old 10-22-2003, 12:47 AM
Range Rover

ya mojaves are awesome. A buddy of mine just bought one and also got a parts one for free with it. Well he gave me the parts one. It needed an engine rebuild. The original owner screwed the gears up inside. So far i needed 8 gears, the input shaft, output shaft, and 2 shift forks. I have also replaced the clutch, rear shock, front and rear tires, and spray painted the frame. This thing is going to run and look brand new when im done. cant wait.

jeff

Quick Reply: mojave, the most underrated quad ever???