Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

mojave, the most underrated quad ever???

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2003, 12:08 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mojave, the most underrated quad ever???

I also show great Respect for the Mojave my condoleces to and underrated quad!

I want a 3 way shoot Out (The Mojave, 250ex, Z250)

And i am sorry to my cousin becuase he was a Victim of a Mojave

I havent raced a mojave yet but I cant Wait to![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 12-17-2003, 12:21 PM
Range Rover

Head porting really helps the Mojave as well. I loved mine when I had it.

Old 12-17-2003, 05:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by: rockrider
Ditching the airbox is not a good idea if you ride where it is wet & muddy. But for dry areas or a track it might make sense.

For me personally, I think the Mojave makes a better woods quad then anything else. After getting my KXF and riding the difference between mid 1986 technology and 2003 design, I wouldn't put money into my Mojave trying to make it something it is not. I think trying to make it into an MX quad or doing major mods to the engine is a waste of time and money. A guy would be better off improving on the Mojave's best traits with it's small size and narrow track. There is othing else out there that is so small that has liquid cooling and/or reverse.

I'm just happy I didn't head down the path of putting money into a quad that I would have never gotten back out of it. Even the end result probably wouldn't have been better than a bone stock KXF-400. The new quads are very impressive. While you could make a Mojave better than a new quad in one specific area, it will never be as well rounded or pleasent to ride after the mods. JMHO

Yes- the KFX400 is a really righteous ride, but it's more than just a cost thing to many, it's the love of the quad. Like the 250R, dare I say it- the engine was ahead of it's time, and in the 250 class still is...........

Old 12-17-2003, 10:02 PM
Pro Rider

I have a 2002 MOjave w a kn,jet kit an big gun exhaust that is super loud a deaf person could hear it coming.aside from that an its a bit smallish for me its an excellent quad for the woods,I still get outran by the 1 kid I ride w who has a stock 400ex an I didnt think my machine was that down in power then a 400,It just seems he pulls ahead on top end pull.ANyway I havent touched my gearing so w proper gearing maybe it could hit 65-70 hoping an keep up w him an if Not I can cheat an break out my east coast modded SHEE[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] LOL.I wish I woulda waited 3-4 months an if I had Id have a 400 kfx for not too much more then the MO,the dealer was telling me that alot of guys had bought 250s at the time an regretted it.Live an learn.I wonder if w the new suzuki an kawasaki merger if theyll eventually upgrade the mohave make it look like a mini kfx w electric start,no cv carb to fangle up the works an the new 250F motor it could be sweet, 6 speed would be nice too!I know the old motor is tall heavy an some say outdated wheres the new engine is slim line like the 2 strokes an puts out maybe 30-35 HP not sur eif thats at crank or wheels but hey we are still ahead of the times w the only wate rpumpr 25o out therethat can be made to honk out close to 40 horses or more,eat that honda[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]...1 more thing should I go for the 330 kit or what would be any 1 elses next mod for some more bolt?

Old 12-17-2003, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider

I ultimately plan on going with the 330 mod- I have to, it would be wrong not to. But what I'm gonna do first is get some .380 cams, stainless steel valves 1mm over and pirate a carburetor from a 400ex , I've got the KLR CDI box, so the cams are a must have. I'm fixin' to move to the high desert, so I'll need all the beans I can get. If ya look at my photos, #5 Best launch in the high country, that took everything I had- so more beans can only help......................

Old 12-23-2003, 06:41 PM
Pro Rider

Hey, rockrider- did you get that Lakota swingarm? Have you ridden it, how's it feel?

Old 12-23-2003, 08:52 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Trx250Time
I also show great Respect for the Mojave my condoleces to and underrated quad!

I want a 3 way shoot Out (The Mojave, 250ex, Z250)

And i am sorry to my cousin becuase he was a Victim of a Mojave

I havent raced a mojave yet but I cant Wait to![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

heh...the 250ex shouldnt even be in that list....the z and majave would kill it.... :-)

Old 12-23-2003, 09:50 PM
Pro Rider

My swingarm project is on hold now that we have snow and I'm into my snowmachines. I got the Lakota swingarm off ebay for around $50. It needs to be blasted and painted, and I'll put new bearings and seals in it just because now's the time to do it. I am curious how it will make the quad ride and handle.

I see your point about not everything being about money. That was the prospective I was looking at it from, but it would be pretty cool to mod a quad that isn't seen as much. I know I'd still like to put a different carb on my Mojave to give it some much needed snap down low. Maybe this summer?

Old 12-29-2003, 06:08 AM
Pro Rider

kwackerman,
If you haven't checked this out already, you will want to. This guy has done a lot of custom work. Rad Mojave

Old 12-29-2003, 09:25 AM
Pro Rider

RockrideR: That is one tricked out Mojave thanks for the links.

Quick Reply: mojave, the most underrated quad ever???