Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Thinking about v force but have a question..

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2003, 04:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about v force but have a question..

I really like clutch on quads but v force being auto is changing my mind but still how is it auto???? cause the thing is just so DAMB NICE!

Old 08-19-2003, 04:48 PM
Pro Rider

I know what you are saying. I've been driving clutch since I was 14. You should really drive a 700 before you pick your next quad. I think it really depends on the driver, there is no right or wrong transmission. If I could have bought a lighter manual KFX 700, I would have. But now that I've seen the benefits. No way. I'm glad I didn't have that choice. I like having power at all times and all situations.

Specificly when I scream up a dune, with a manual quad I had to shift down twice at the peak to slow down. Cause I dont want to jump it, or bog down. It takes a little skill, but you can still get stuck. Now I just relax and enjoy the ride. It's nice to not shift up in the bowls too. It seems I had to lighten the weight on my left foot for upshifting. These are some specific examples. But it really boils down to personal preference.

Old 08-19-2003, 06:25 PM
Pro Rider

EXACTLY i was just thinking that lol..... cause im climbing a hill and i F up and then its horrible so i was thinking with the auto ill have the power on everything and i wont mess up..... off the dunes too just like u said. I was in a boul with my blaster geared bad and i was hurtin when i flew out lol. Yea i think ill like this v force lol..... does the kawasaki dealer let test rides? lol

Old 08-19-2003, 06:28 PM
Pro Rider

Where do u think ill get to ride it?

Old 08-19-2003, 06:34 PM
Pro Rider

The dealer probably wont let you drive it. If you had a friend or relative with one that would be best. Otherwise you'll never know if you like the auto, until you try it.

Old 08-19-2003, 06:39 PM
Pro Rider

Okie Dokie and the search begins! lol

Old 08-19-2003, 07:12 PM
Pro Rider

And thank u for all ur help also

Old 08-20-2003, 02:02 AM
Trailblazer

Im kinda coming into this convo late but for me this is my first quad so i really dont have anything to compare it to but my freinds standards. They have a hard time getting up some of the steep hills that me being an unexsperianced rider can get up rather easily. Also i dont have to worry about going through gears when im lining up for a jump. You are always in the power band. And as far as the dealer letting you test drive, they told me i could so long as my mom or dad was there so i told them that if they saw the power of the V then they wouldnt let me get it so i might as well not even do it, so he let me anyway. Just keep pestering them to let you unil they give in.

Old 08-20-2003, 10:39 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have always had clutches for all my atv's. I was extremly worried about this being an automatic. But now that I have some riding time on this V-force I would'nt trade it for anything....Your always in the right gear, always. It does climb hills easier then any other atv I have ever ridden. for 2 reason's, 1st its always in the right gear, and second it has enough weight to always have traction, and the weight seems to hold it on the ground really well, the only reason it ever leaves the ground, is if I want it to, then no problem.