Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Best place to buy a plow for P650 in Canada

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2003, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best place to buy a plow for P650 in Canada

Hello everyone,

Well it's kind of scary to think that Winter is just around the corner, almost seems like summer hasn't even arrived yet. Well I'm starting to shop around for a snowplow for my P650. I'm thinking about going with a 60" Kimpex blade with manual lift. Just wondering if anyone knows the best place to purchase a snowplow in Canada. I'd like purchase it from a dealer in Canada since the exchange rate and duties from buying it in the states would kill me. I looked on the Kimpex site, and all the parts I need including 15% sale taxes comes out to about $525 for the blade, push tube with manual lift, and mounting hardware. Does this sound like a good price.

Old 08-19-2003, 11:10 PM
Range Rover

Dan,

I'm sure you could get one made for alot less than that...if i had the time...i'd consider making a couple to sell....but there's just too many things on the go now, to even THINK about it. There is btw a guy in Minto/Chipman I believe who makes them, but I can't think of his name right off.

Jeff

Old 08-21-2003, 07:06 PM
Pro Rider

TTT

Old 08-21-2003, 08:35 PM
Trailblazer

I was pricing a plow kit for my 360 from royal distributing and it came to 458.85 before tax but i haven't checked into the shipping yet, it's prob. going to be way too much. So i would also like to know of the best place to buy locally.

Old 08-21-2003, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider

mudmonkey72

I see you are from Oromocto. Are you a club member?

Old 08-22-2003, 12:08 PM
Trailblazer

Not as of yet i've been to busy for the past year, but i'm most likely going going to join the club this fall. I usually ride out in the geary area but i'm getting bored of the trails out there. Any other good trails around the fredericton area? Did you get your bike from Phil's? I'd like to find another Kawie dealer or a place that services them, I find the service too slow in the summer they're too busy with the boats.

Old 08-22-2003, 03:59 PM
Pro Rider

mudmonkey72

No I didn't purchase my bike at Phil's. They wanted way too much money for the bike I wanted. I got the bike for $8860 plus tax including the rear hitch, 2000lbs Superwinch, winch mounting bracket, and 2 years extra warranty which came out to $10200 out the door. Phils wanted $9600 plus tax and they only gave me the 2 years extra warranty which came out to $11100 out the door and I still didn't have a winch, winch mount, and rear hitch. I purchased the bike from an awesome Kawasaki dealer in Miramichi called G&G Brothers.

After having put 200km's on my bike last winter, I decided to bring my bike to Phils to get the oil changed in my motor. I figured that I would still try and support my local dealer They charged me $61 just to change the engine oil. I found that quite high, but it was the middle of winter, and I didn't feel like changing the oil myself since it was very cold outside. After having put 1000km's on the bike, I had to bring the bike for it's first major service which included, changing engine oil, front and rear differential oils, and checking the belt. Phil's quoted me $157 plus tax to do the work.

I was debating bringing the bike to Phil's when I met a few guys who owned Kawasaki's, and everyone told me to bring my bike to Dave's Sport in Woodstock. They told me that they all paid $60 including taxes when they got the 1000km service performed on there bikes and that the service was great.

So I called Woodstock on a Tuesday afternoon, and ask them how much they charged for the first service on a P650, and they told me around $60, so I asked them how soon they could do 2 Prairie 650's since my buddy Chris also needed his first service, and they told me to bring both bikes first thing Thursday morning.

So me and my buddy Chris brough our P650 to Woodstock on that Thursday morning, they spent 2.5 hours on each bikes, changed all fluids, shimmed the belt for a grand total of $57 each including taxes. Keep in mind that neither one of us purchased our bikes from this dealer. The service was excellent and very professional. I highly recommend Dave's Sport in Woodstock for all your services on your bike. They are only 1 hour away from us. G&G Brother's and Wheels and Wave in Moncton are also good dealer's but they are both close to 2 hours away from us.

I was out on the first Geary poker run early this spring. I had a great time. Check out the pictures from that run in my Picture Page. If you want a good run, on September 6th, the Rusagonis clubs is having it's poker run. This is by far the best run of the year. It's got a bit of everything.

Old 08-22-2003, 06:07 PM
Trailblazer

kawidan,

Thanks about the info about dave's sport. I got my 360 for 6995 plus tx, 2 year warranty, and a winch at cost from phils. However i installed the winch myself because they wanted to charge me 6 hours labour to install it, 300 bucks for a winch install is a bit steep. I did it in 2 hours. I paid 87 bucks for my 10 hour service and 60 bucks recently for tightining the belt, needless to say i won't be going back to phils for service anymore, it took me a week to get it in to have the belt checked. Have you heard anything about the service at speed machines on the north side? Is there a cost for the poker run in rusagonis and is there a dead line to sign up for it?

Old 08-24-2003, 08:31 PM
Pro Rider

Here is the info on the Poker run. This is taken from the add.

Third Annual Rusagonis ATV Club Poker Run

Registration will be at the community center in Rusagonis from 9:00 until 10:30 on Saturday September 6th. The run will be 70 to 80 km's. Coffee and pancake breakfast will be available from 8:30 till 10:00. There will be a 50/50 draw, door prizes, as well as the poker hand prices. There will also be a canteen on the trail. At the end of the trip, there will be a wash station setup by the minor ball team. The day will be enjoyable and the trail will be of mixed of terrain.

The cost of the poker hands will be $10.00 for the ATV Federation members and $15.00 for non members. 3 hands will be available for $25.00.

I really like the part about the mixed of terrain. I did the run 2 fridays ago. What an awesome run.

Old 08-24-2003, 08:53 PM
Trailblazer

kawidan,

Thanks for the info, sounds like a good time. I'll see if i can get a few people from work interested in going.