Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Help me identify this Kawasaki

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-1999, 11:03 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello fellow atver's well I bought this atv off of a friend who was needing the money at first I thought it was a honda but found out it was a Kawasaki, to make things short I got it for about $650 it has brand new tires, just had the brain box replaced and at the current time it needs a coil. Well this is my problem it is an 89 model shaft drive, 2x4, original color was off white suppose to be 300cc can anyone help me in identifying this atv have looked for the model but to no avail. Also would like to know the cheapest place to get a salvaged coil and manual for this bike. Any other things that might help identify this atv is single head light with high and low beam jack break on foot to lock brake front and rear racks, has a differential lock and lock out would like to also know if anyone out there has owned one of these before? I own a AC 500 auto and was going to fix this one up for the misses to ride hehehe she isn't driving my new one...thanks fellows

Artic Cat 500...and one Kow

------------------

Old 11-26-1999, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

atving, the first thing I would do is look on the gas tank or seat and see what it says! No, just kidding. This would be a Kawasaki Bayou 300. If you look at Kawasaki's current lineup, you will see that this machine is still in existence, just looks different. The differential switch is on the left side of the engine, as if you were sitting on the quad, right? This is pretty neat and the only quad that has it. I think it would be cool to have the diff unlocked in the back and find some mud and just let er have it. See one tire spinning in the back, it would be pretty neat. This is also useful if you pull a lawnmower, since it won't tear up the grass very much, not as easy as a posi one.