Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

unlimiter

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 12:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default unlimiter

Gosh, I dunno. I read it somewhere. I looked and can't find it now, do you think I should remove that post? I dont know whether it was an email or a post or from which forum.

I try not to put things that are questionable like that on the knowledgebase.

I hate to be critical of yamaha, but that 660 cylinder head is just not my favorite. Lots of spring and adjustment problems. I can prove that statement with evidence. MY 660 friend wishes that it were a bit different.

Old 09-11-2003, 02:03 PM
Pro Rider
Default unlimiter

I have always been a Yamaha man but I wouldnt kick a dog in the A$$ for a GRizzly.

Old 09-11-2003, 02:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default unlimiter

Ok, my apologies, I actually found a post on the forum starting with H where someone said they heard that someone damaged their CDI with a homegrown holeshot from.

Now that I think about it, it was not very reasonable for me to actually repeat that, since if it really did happen more people would know. I haven't been able to verify what he said. I can find the post again for anyone who wants to beat the issue to death. One thing that can be verified is that one of those fly by nite module places is completely unresponsive. He doesn't answer PM's, posts, or emails. I have tried. Good thing I didn't get anything from that guy. The more popular module producers seem to be standing behind their product.

Old 09-11-2003, 03:05 PM
Pro Rider
Default unlimiter

Unlimiter for the V....God knows I need more zip in the top end. My P650 with the oultaws is also in major need of some HP in the upper RPM range. Just a few nights ago I could not break 75 kph in a stubble field, I remember back home I could almost get 95 kph on a gravel road with the outlaws. Probably the elevation difference, I noticed my V feels sluggish here when compared to back home.

Old 09-11-2003, 03:19 PM
Pro Rider
Default unlimiter

Nobody's module should "fry" the cdi unless it gets hooked up to the wrong wires. There does seem to be a big difference between the companies when it comes to customer service though. I was wondering how come DG is the only one out of all of these "module makers", that is working on a true mid and top end device? I can't wait to see if when DG starts to sell the unlimiter gizmo, that soon after the "others" will make one that looks and hooks up the same way? Hmmmm?

Old 09-11-2003, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default unlimiter

Is the unlimiter just that, a limit remover, or is it a complete cdi ? I have a Vortex CDI on my KTM 125SX, comes with a handlebar mounted toggle so that you can swap between two maps on the fly. One is for low end TQ, the other for WOT. Just curious if this will be something similar or not ? Either way, me wants [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

Scott W.

Old 09-12-2003, 01:32 AM
Pro Rider
Default unlimiter

Just to follow up on my own question, I went to the Vortex site and sent a email regarding the Vortex for the V. Didn't see anything listed for the V, maybe it's in the works. I'll post any feedback I get from them here. While I was there I saw that Duncan Racing is a distributor. I've never used DR but I have seen from alot of your posts that they are quite popular.

Old 09-12-2003, 02:33 AM
Pro Rider
Default unlimiter

Nyroc,
I think I know the supplier you are talking about they were chaty at one time but not so much any more enough about that. I to have raced a Yammy with a big bore kit and the fellow was very depressed afterwards but there is few issues with the Grizz that need to be addressed before a big bore kit is installed.

Bigsaint,
I am not sure how the unlimiter will work but from what I have heard it adds timeing to the cdi after it starts to retard at higher rpms then holds a timeing advance of 32* to 8500 rpm at least this is what I was told. This will help to get more power up to the rev limiter it should help to get another 10 mph. Even if helps to get 5 mph in say 300 feet for a 700# machine that is big plus. I have rigged up another ignition that would run 32* from 2500 to 8500 and it helps immensly that little more timeing will add another 10% more oomph on the top end for sure.

Will it be a dramatic increase probably not but it will help especially for people with big tires that rob horsepower.

Old 09-12-2003, 03:04 AM
Pro Rider
Default unlimiter

Thanks alltoys, good info.

Scott W.

Old 09-15-2003, 08:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default unlimiter

Just received feedback from Vortex, looks like no-go for at least 6 months...

We are looking at the electrics for the KFX700, however given that it is multi cylinder it does not fit our current design therefore we will see if we can integrate it into our next generation design. No promises at this stage and this will be a good 6 months away.
That's a quote from Richard @ Vortex. Thought I'd post in case anyone was interested.

Scott W.

Quick Reply: unlimiter