Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Mojave probs. and questions?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 05:47 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Staxs007 and mojaveaddict!

I was wondering if one of you guys could send me those pics on how to mod the shift pawl on the Mojave?

I'll send you both a pm about it.

Thanks in advance.

Best!

Old 06-26-2010, 01:35 PM
Pro Rider

hey everyone, i got a completely stock '87 mojave (got rebuilt 2 years ago from the piston up with stock replacement parts, and a clutch, never been rebuilt before).

i race a 300 ex and have plenty of spare parts left from it... i was wondering if a 300ex carb will work on the mojave.

i love riding the mojave but i want just a little bit more outta it. like i said i got the spare 300ex carb that has an accelorator pump on it (mojaves dont have them, right?).

and as far as the pipes, the factory header would be ok if i happened to make my own silencer? i have for my 300 (using a fmf header)

Old 07-02-2010, 05:33 AM
Weekend Warrior

I dont think I am going with any major engine mods or big time suspension other than better shocks and bushings, just pipe, needs some more sound, and get rid of the stock airbox, make it breath in as well as out, I would rather spend more time cleaning the filter than deal with all that plastic crap stuffed everywhere, and the 13T front sounds like A good plan, so I can stay in the lower gears alittle longer, and maybe get alittle more top end speed.
I am really surprised at how this little 4 stroke revs, how far does anyone think A stock motor can rev without damage?

--------------------------------------------
Hotel Italy
Apartments Italy

Old 02-06-2013, 08:50 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default hey

Originally Posted by mojaveaddict
You probably only need to modify your shift pawl to fix your shift problem. Kawi made the notches in it too shallow and then later sent out a tech bulletin on grinding them deeper. they never made a change in production so even a new one needs modding. Post your email and I will send your a pic showing just what to do.
if you could send me that link on how to notch the shifter i think that could help me out alot thanks nelsonsink@yahoo.com

Old 10-06-2013, 11:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

Could I also get that link please, my 92 Mojave 250 doesn't like going into 4th and 5th easily, and I think this could fix the problem. Otherwise I think I'm going to pay for the mod to be done, seeing as I can't find a how-to or pics anywhere.

davecar9@yahoo.com

Thanks.

Dj

Old 11-11-2013, 09:14 AM
Weekend Warrior

me too on the mod link or pics please. barrybledsoe@msn.com

Old 02-06-2017, 11:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Need help

Sorry to hijack I just need help. I bought my third Mojave over the summer. I had my dad go look at it and buy it for me due toe living in Cleveland at the time and it was back I'm my home state. They could barely get it started and it blew oil from the crank case to the air box so I gave her a fresh top end rebuild with all new gaskets. Got it running ran great and strong. Like my other ones. Took it for the ride and came to find it doesn't like to shift from 3rd to 4th.. 4th to fifth is fine. Down shifting all the way is perfect. 1st to 2nd great and 2nd to 3rd some times don't like to either. I can get to shift fine when I'm driving easy and slower than my trail riding. It don't grind or anything. It just takes me a bunch of pulling up on the shifter until it finally shift. I don't have to pull hard It like I have to pull slower to get to shift from those gears. Could it be the shift forks or star or shifter itself or shaft. Please if u can help it would be greatly appreciated. I would like a normal running quad again. And Mojave addict if u can send me the link for the mod as well my email is jtballard23@gmail.com

Old 04-26-2020, 10:01 AM
Default How it going think I’m having the same problem with my Mojave that I just purchasd

Originally Posted by mojaveaddict
You probably only need to modify your shift pawl to fix your shift problem. Kawi made the notches in it too shallow and then later sent out a tech bulletin on grinding them deeper. they never made a change in production so even a new one needs modding. Post your email and I will send your a pic showing just what to do.
help lol