Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Ice raceing in alberta

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2003, 11:16 PM
ZX2
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ice racering in alberta

Any one out there Ice race. If so and you live in alberta fill me in on mod's and a contact person. THX

Old 10-09-2003, 12:28 AM
Pro Rider
Default Ice raceing in alberta

ZX2,
We are neighbors by golly. Cycle works is a big runner for the ice racing season I raced one race last year it was great. The owner has a Kawi 400 all done up it was featured at the sled show last year at the Agriplex. You basicly need a team with 3 riders as the races go for minimum of 4 hours with a numb bum 12 hour race near the end of the season no matter the temperature. The average course is on ice mostly with a few sections ending up on the trails. The average time was around 6 - 8 miniuts of all out speed. They have ice cleaning machines to keep the chipped ice from causing any problems, ambulance crew in case of an accident, razor sharp studs can cause a heap of damage. It is a blast there are 4 races every year some close to Edmonton then branching out to Grand Prairie. If you call Cycle works at the parts desk they will give information needed to join the raceing season.

Old 10-09-2003, 12:44 AM
ZX2
Weekend Warrior

THX's

Old 10-09-2003, 03:44 PM
Pro Rider

Neighbours:

Last year Cycleworks wacked out a Predator for the anual numb bum (2nd?) and had Jamie Hodgson race it at Sandy Lake which usually runs early mid Feb. You do need 3 riders who run 4 hrs each. I was going to go watch last year but I remember that was one of the coldest weeks if not , the coldest week lasr winter. BRRRRRRRRRR. Here I used to think that a numb bum was a wineo that slept out in the cold!!!

Old 10-09-2003, 07:38 PM
Pro Rider

hay cool im from st.paul. its about 2 hours from edmonton if you dont no. like sometimes after the skidoo race happens on the lake here all the atvs go and race on it.

Old 10-09-2003, 08:51 PM
ZX2
Weekend Warrior

Cool, I go talk to steve at C.W parts department. THX.

Old 10-10-2003, 04:09 PM
Pro Rider

So many Albertan's on these forums, we need more Manitoban's damn it! Can't wait till next spring/summer, I'll get to meet some of your guys.

Old 10-28-2003, 07:24 PM
Range Rover

I think there will be CMC ice races this year again. These are in Calgary, Lethbridge, Rimby and 1 more. They are 3 quick motos of 8 laps, so are a little easier to get into than the 6+ hour races they have up north. The quads we had at these races were also pretty much all stock so just about anyone can win. I even did okay on a 400EX with studs in the stock tires, though something like a holeshot works better. I'll put info on my site when I know whats going on, but I will need to find some commitment from people to make these happen, so anyone else reading this who wants to give it a try, please let me know, thanks. I've also lost touch with lots of guys who did it last year, so if you read this, I'd like to talk to you.

http://www.qrab.ca/

Rod 02 400EX

Old 10-29-2003, 09:37 AM
Pro Rider

Brent, it crossed my mind to go see my Grandma in Manitoba, and tie a ride with you into it, until I saw where Gillam Manitoba is. I think you're on your own man.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-29-2003, 09:41 AM
Pro Rider

When are you going to Manitoba? I'm down south alot and I may be down when your down.

Quick Reply: Ice raceing in alberta