Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

EVERYONE: i need your help plz

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2003, 02:08 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EVERYONE: i need your help plz

hello,
Im trying to save myself a few hundred bux by fixing up my quad on my own, but i have very little mechanical knowledge and need your help and suggestions. a while back i was riding my 1992 mojave, flying through some local trails, and it just strated dying, it was almost like the choke was on, it felt like maybe it wasnt breathing right or not getting enough gas. anyways, the problem is that it kills itself whenever i rev it high, i can currently ride it, BUT only at about 5 mph in first gear. i took it to a friends and we cleaned out the carb and the whole air system, and put it back together hoping that would fix any problems, but it didnt. it just allowed it to rev a little bit higher. Have any of you had similiar problems and know what to do. i would be in your debt if you could help me out. thanks

Old 10-21-2003, 09:40 AM
Pro Rider

Sounds like clogged fuel filter...Start there seeing that you already cleaned carb......

Old 10-21-2003, 07:28 PM
Pro Rider

Really sounds like its starving for fuel. Follow it back from the carb and go all the way to where you pour it in. Might find that your tank has some junk in it and its got the line clogged. Seen it happen before. Good luck.

Old 10-22-2003, 12:47 AM
Trailblazer

I think if a coil begins to break down they will cause erratic behavior by allowing only a limited amount of spark to get through or a spark plug fouling problem.

I would replace the spark plug first it could be fouling at higher loads. Then remove the fuel line and run fuel from a seperate fuel supply. If it is still going flat take the carb apart and check all jets for blockages. Blow it out with an air hose, don't use too much pressure.