Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Diamond G Unlimmiter Module Question(s)

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2003, 06:12 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diamond G Unlimmiter Module Question(s)

Just finished reading about the Diamond G Unlimmiter Module on Nyroc's site. Now, from what I've read its clear that I'm not nearly the mechanic most of you guys are, but I understood some of what nyroc was saying, and some of it went right over my head. I understand this module will, in addition to other benefits, will provide a respectable degree of cooling. How, in a nutshell, does this module accomplish this cooling. Any ideas on how much cooling could be expected?

One other small item....yesterday while using an air compressor on the 12v outlet on my P650 the five amp fuse burned out. Of course, I didn't have a replacement, but there was a spare ten amp fuse which I plugged in for the time being. So until I can get to town and pick up the correct fuse, will running this ten amp fuse hurt anything?

See? Told you I wasn't much of a mechanic. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Moo,
WheelCow

Old 10-22-2003, 06:26 PM
Range Rover

Wheelcow,
The unlimiter will work to correct the timing, take away the retard, on the 650. Having the correct timing on any engine should cause it to run cooler, which is why the 650 should theoretically run cooler with the unlimiter. In response to your fuse question, I have been running a 15 in mine since I bought it, because the 5 and 10 would not handle my spotlight. A 10 should be no problem for you.

Old 10-22-2003, 06:45 PM
Pro Rider

As far a s cooling goes ditto!!!!!!!!!!!As for fuse ,you run the risk of melting wires posible fire...The reason they put a 5 amp in is to prevent to much current from being drawn from source...But as long as circuit and wires can handle up to 10 or 15 amps there should be No problem.....You might want to try hooking right to battery....Thus bypassing any factory stuff....yes stuff is technical word[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-02-2003, 10:47 AM
Trailblazer

is the unlimiter out?

Old 11-02-2003, 09:26 PM
Pro Rider

It was first intended to be out mid Oct, then late Oct.

Now it is supposed to be out mid Nov.

You may be thinking that it may never come. However, someone out there is busting butt, making improvments, testing, and shrinking circuits down to a small size (the DG ignition tech). His sweat, late nights and headaches probably wont be fully appreciated untill we get the product in our hands.

He is making progress. No patent infringements to worry about this time.

Old 11-02-2003, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider

what type of top end gain is expected, and is rejetting going to be required?

Old 11-02-2003, 11:10 PM
Pro Rider

No rejetting. Simple installation. It might require 93 octane, that was the original idea, but we will see what they say when we get there.

Up to this point in time, the DG tech has said that it lops off .84 seconds from a 10-60 acceleration time. It gets to 60 in 28 less feet than without the unlimiter.

Originally, Diamond G said that their CDI would take our 650's (with exhaust, filter and snorkle) and make them do low to mid 70's.

Since the CDI project was put on the back burner due to legal problems, they have decided to work on this unlimiter module and have said the unlimtiter will do everythin a CDI will do with the timing. The CDI was supposed to let us go 74 mph or so. However, since they can't affect the rev limit with the unmiter, I am guessing at 65 mph. According to Kissofdeath's spring test, he did 57.8mph at 7506.6 mph. So, if he went to redline at that gear ratio, he would only be able to reach 65 mph.

I am not sure if Kissofdeath's 650 was fully shifted out. If it wasn't we could go faster with whatever springs and weights. If the 700 belt does give us a better ratio, maybe we will go faster. I peronally believe Kissofdeath's 650 did shiftout at those measurements he took. So I am thining a strong 65, some more some less depending on belt condition.

One thing I know for sure is that we will have a few more horses up there on the top to play with.

Old 11-03-2003, 03:05 PM
Pro Rider

KOD posted on highlifter that he was going downhill once for a long way and his tach got up to 8440 rpm....his speedo was 67 mph, he said it used to do 68 mph, I assume before the clutch spring's went in and the belt got some wear on it, I have seen 67 mph on level ground on my P700, I am thinking with the unlimiter the 700's with the better belt and cvt set-up should do about 69-70 mph top's..........

Old 11-03-2003, 04:31 PM
Range Rover

What is the better belt? When will this unlimmiter be ready? Has any one drilled holes in there clutch?

Old 11-03-2003, 09:16 PM
Range Rover

OK let me get this straight the unlimiter will change the timing but not the rev limiter?
If you get the unlimiter can you use the Yoshi rev limiter increaser thingamabob inline with it?
I think the V Force Unlimiter is supposed to come out right after the P650/700's is per Don at DG.
Can you guy's with the P's use the Yoshi revlimiter too?
Or for both the increased rev limiter and advanced timing would we just have to wait for the Vortex sys from Duncan?

Has any one confirmed what the Yoshi product is supposed to do exactly I read the thread a few week's ago about it but don't think any one determined what exactly it does or don't do.

Quick Reply: Diamond G Unlimmiter Module Question(s)