Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

who hasnt crashed before?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2003, 10:40 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default who hasnt crashed before?

these may see mliek nothing but the pains there.... somewhere...well the first time for me i was going around my oval and somehow went OVER the bars about 20 ft in front of the quad and then it rolled over me.. 2nd time i was going aroudn a corner 5th gear after it rained and yes i was going to fast yes i prolyl shouldn't of been riding but i hit a molehole in the ground and i went over about 5 times i screwed up my wrist and my shoulder ........ 3rd time i was going aroudn a tree prolly going 5 mph and i started to spin out being the idiot i am i let off the gas and it flipped

Old 10-25-2003, 10:49 AM
Pro Rider

Ive been riding about 7 years now, have never wrecked big time. Worst I did was right after I put the winch on the front, tried to go around a gravel road corner at 40 MPH, something I had done a thousand times before, and the front end pushed and dove. I slid over into the ditch and went up on two wheels, put my foot down and recovered. I guess I try to be more carefull now that I realize im driving a 650+ pound machine loaded down. It just doesnt corner well.

Old 10-25-2003, 12:49 PM
Range Rover

I've never crashed. I've have had some close calls. I've run into some stuff, and had times when I was less then graceful. But never crashed or injured myself on a quad.

I have however broken bones, dislocated shoulders, sprained knees, and had concusions on other toys (skateboards, bikes, in-lines)

Old 10-26-2003, 01:28 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Doc- I like the realters, where we ride there's sand,hardpack and mud, they perform well for their price. I also like the way that you can reverse them for different conditions. They wouldn't be a good tire for sand alone, but for where we ride they rock.

Old 10-26-2003, 01:37 PM
Pro Rider

If you're not wrecking, then you're not really riding.

We ride all out and I've seen better riders than myself take some nasty spills.

Old 10-26-2003, 08:12 PM
Pro Rider

I took my first really bad spill at the Crawfordsville GNCC when a quad in front of me didn't make it up a hill (so I am told, don't really remember cause I hit my head pretty hard on the roll down the hill). Busted the V pretty good (handlebars, plastic and some brackets). It sucked really bad and I never want it to happen again. I am not sure if I will ever run a GNCC again bacause I am afraid now. I never thought I would be scared, but that wreck made me realize that I could get killed on this thing. I always knew it , but now I KNOW it if you know what I mean.

Old 10-27-2003, 03:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I've only had one little spill in years and I don't want another one. I was riding a Honda Big Red 3 wheeler (a long time ago) on a creek bed with large round rocks. The front balloon tire bounced up into the air and I went off the back, right side. The gas was a twist throttle and it continued to rev. There were bars that went around the foot pegs, in the front, side, and back. But not under the peg? I guess the bar was supposed to protect my foot. My foot got caught in between the bar and the footpeg and I was dragged across the rocks bouncing my head off a few rocks (no helmet). I got my foot out and the 3 wheeler drove itself into the creek. Ouch! That was ALMOST 20 years ago. Now I feel old.

Old 10-27-2003, 03:58 PM
Pro Rider

I began riding dirt bikes when I was 8, street bikes at 20, and quads at 26. I broke my ankle in a dirt bike collision at 12, I broke two vertebrae landing a jump on my KX500 at 33, and I broke two ribs in a quad accident three years ago on the Oregon dunes at 38. There have been many more bumps, bruises, scrapes and close calls, but that's it for the major injuries. All in all, not too bad for 30+ years of riding![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-29-2003, 03:35 PM
Pro Rider

I've never crashed, even a small crash. And I love to go fast. But I'm also scared of the thing to try to do anything that I may have doubts about. I won't go wide open on a trail unless I've checked out the trail first and know if there's anything there. Or I won't climb a hill or do a powerslide if I think there may be a problem. For example, I won't do a fast powerslide if the ground is uneven, where something can catch my tire and flip me. Or I won't climb a hard hill if there is a knot that may bounce my front tire back. I love to have fun and go fast and get some air, but only when I'm sure I can handle it.

Old 10-29-2003, 04:15 PM
Trailblazer

I have wrecked everything I have ever had. Even my cars are in danger but somehow I have a clean driving record. Never broke my body but I give the credit to my protective gear. It always amazes me to see people riding quads and bikes without helmets.

I think RebelDS is smart and I should follow his example but I cant resist the fun.

Quick Reply: who hasnt crashed before?