Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

who hasnt crashed before?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2003, 07:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default who hasnt crashed before?

Im no talking about a low speed impact but more of a broken body parts or broken quad parts (except tire roads and stuff like that)

I've never yet and been riding for 4 years now...The worst that has happend to me is goin done a hill in fourth gear on our old 3 wheeler..hit a rut I was thrown out of the way and bike rolled all the way down the hill...other then that nothin to major.

Old 10-23-2003, 08:20 PM
Pro Rider

Knock on wood, but I haven't had a major mishap in 20 years. So I think I'm about due:-)

Old 10-23-2003, 08:29 PM
Pro Rider

I havent even rolled my quad yet, nevermind anything big. But i have rolled someone else's though with the owner riding on the back with me.

Old 10-23-2003, 10:39 PM
Range Rover

alright i think i already send a post thing in but my computer messed up or something so ill do it again.. i never crashed any the wheelers i ever owned ... never rolled.. or hit anything.. but i was hit before when i was jut sitten there and my axel got bent and that sucked

Old 10-24-2003, 01:13 AM
Pro Rider

A few in my younger years, ground to the bone on my right elbow with an old 465 dirtbike about a dozen years ago, that sucked, didn' bleed much just hurt. I once rolled an old Odessey end over end many times, word of advice, don't try to keep up with your friends on quads with suspension when ya got an Odessey with none. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Haven't wrecked the V...just tacoed the rear rims...see pics; Really don't want to smash the V up it's been good to me.

Old 10-24-2003, 02:27 AM
Range Rover

Hey Mudfoot how do you like the realtor's?
Have you tried any mud with them if so how do they work?
I'm thinking about getting some of them for my V I mainly do trail riding but there is that occasional mud hole that the stock tire's just don't like. How do they handle for trail's also.

Thanks Doc.

Also I havn't ever wrecked and am trying not to [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-24-2003, 09:34 PM
Pro Rider

been riding sence i was 6, that was 15 years ago. Never even ran into anything before. But every one of my toys sence then has been wrecked by someone else, vinson i have now, 4 different sleds, two jetskis, an LT80 and a LT 230E. Come to think of it I did sink one of the jetskis jumping a concrete peer after i caught a bad wave, but a role of ducktape got me home.

Old 10-24-2003, 09:46 PM
Pro Rider

Started on minibikes when I was 7 or 8, then dirt bikes until I was 37, now have a Raptor at 38. Wrecked every single one of them at one time or another, broken bones and stitches have been part of my life since I can remember. Worst wreck at 15 put me in the ER with a rib cage that looked like an umbrella caught in the wind. Just got a cast off my wrist 2 months ago from a bad section of whoops at an arena cross track. Right now, I have a burn at the top of my shin that goes almost to the bone - tried an inside pass and bumped tires last weekend, my Raptor ended up on top of me.

If you don't wreck once in a while, you aren't trying hard enough:-)

Old 10-25-2003, 12:00 AM
Pro Rider

No major damage yet and I've been riding for almost 20 years. I started on a Kawi 200 ATC and have been through quite a few ATVs with my P650 being the latest. If there is one that's going to get me banged up, it's the P650. I think it was a lot easier to find the limits of the lighter 4x2 ATVs I used to ride than the 600lb+ P650. I love my P650 but always have in the back of my mind that when things start to go bad on it, they'll go bad big time.

Most of my riding is mud and trails. I don't do a bunch of hill climbing or jumping. Maybe I just don't push as hard as alot of riders. Regardless, I always wear my helmet and it's saved my bean from some good whacks by branches and other debri.

Peace,
Sgt_Rock

Old 10-25-2003, 03:05 AM
Range Rover

I can't say that I've crashed (as of yet). One time I got caught off guard and rolled my 2001 Grizzly over on its side. It was quite likely my most graceful dismount to date. As the roll happened I was just able to step off as the quad rolled and didn't even need to perform the usual leg swing over. No damge to the quad or myself.

One other time, however, I was out riding and decided to stop and stretch my legs a bit and look around. I'd been riding all day without any problems, but as soon as I got on my feet I managed to slip, fall about 8 feet off a large rock and roll another 40 feet down a very steep and unsmooth hill. Wound up with a very nasty dislocated shoulder. At my HMO, two doctors and two nurses pulling and twisting couldn't pop the shoulder back in place so they shipped me off to the hospital where they had to put me under before fixin' it.

Would there be any chance that one of these nutburger, left-wing, eco-terrorist groups would classify this as an ATV injury in order to further their "no more ATV's for anyone" agenda?? This is why I never mentioned my ATV to anyone at my HMO or at the hospital. Fact is, had I stayed on my ATV....none of this would've happened. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Moo,
WheelCow

Quick Reply: who hasnt crashed before?