Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Best all around trail tire for P650/700

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2003, 01:26 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best all around trail tire for P650/700

Hey guys,
I need a little help in selecting the best all around trail tire for my P700. I already have 27 outlaws for the mud around here, so I'm looking for a good trail tire. I have heard so much bad stuff about the stock meats, so I'm looking for something with better traction all around. I will be riding in some mud, sand, hard pack, and limestone levee's. Thanks for your input.
Clint

Old 10-28-2003, 02:22 PM
Pro Rider

The favorites for what you have said are (IMO):

Holeshot ATR (great traction on dirt)
BIGHORN (tougher, better on rocks)
Rawhide Grip (a bit better in the mud than the first two)

However, for a guy that has outlaws, you might need more mud performance. I would pick mudrunners or mud lites.

Old 10-28-2003, 05:06 PM
Pro Rider

Nyroc,

If you had to choose between these three tires, which would you get for all around performance and handeling?

Old 10-28-2003, 05:51 PM
Pro Rider

There are two barriers I face in answering that question.

1. I am not sure which one I would get. I am leaning toward ATR's since I don't put the tires to as much abuse as some people, I think they would hold up fine. Also, they are wider which helps in the snow.

2. Goodyear is coming out with a 26" radial tire soon called the Rawhide MT/R that looks cool (newbeetle has a set, but is not doing as much ATV stuff now while his foot heals). I already tried to borrow them from him.

Are you looking for an icon? I can help you find one, make or modify one if you want.

Old 10-28-2003, 06:35 PM
Range Rover

I like the big horn i run them and there great. There not as aggressive as a mud tire, but they do much better than stock as well as take alot lees toll on the front end.

Old 10-28-2003, 08:14 PM
Pro Rider

I would love a new Icon! I am embarrased to say that I don't know how to modify the ones I like to fit the space, so I have only been using ones that will fit. I really want a picture of the new p700. I would love any help. Thanks

Old 10-28-2003, 10:14 PM
Range Rover

Nyroc,
Thanks for your input on the trail tires. I have been seriously considering the Holeshot ATR's, but I disagree on the OUtlaw comment. While the Goodyear is a better "all around" tire, the Outlaws have proven themselves in the Muck down here. I have not tried the goodyear mudrunners, but they seem to be not as agressive as I would like. The outlaws let you climb out of deep rutts where other tires won't. They also help me climb out of a hole easier. There is a hole for everyone down here, and it doesn't matter what kind of bike you have or what kind of tires you have. Everyone get's stuck sometime or another, just some more than others. I rode with a Vinson the other day and he had titan 589's on it. He got stuck about 8 times and I only got stuck once trying to pull him out of a hole.

I was also considering 25x10 inch Titan 589 M/t's all around. What do you think about that tire? THanks guys for all of your input.
Clint

Old 10-28-2003, 10:32 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: nyroc
There are two barriers I face in answering that question.

1. I am not sure which one I would get. I am leaning toward ATR's since I don't put the tires to as much abuse as some people, I think they would hold up fine. Also, they are wider which helps in the snow.

2. Goodyear is coming out with a 26" radial tire soon called the Rawhide MT/R that looks cool (newbeetle has a set, but is not doing as much ATV stuff now while his foot heals). I already tried to borrow them from him.

Are you looking for an icon? I can help you find one, make or modify one if you want.
I have the Rawhide MT/R's on my 650. I have about 8 hours on it now and have ridden in sand, mud, dirt, and packed trails. I even did a small amount of rock crawling. My first impression is that they are awesome. They ride and handle great, and they handle all of the above extremely well. Especially sand. I was running rings around other utility ATV's in the sand dunes. My 650 was able to absolutely shame a Grizzly going up a steep sand hill. He struggled in 4wd while I rode right by him in 2wd. I'm going to get these tires in a 25" size for my 375, if they offer them.

Another tire that looks interesting is the Carlisle Badlands XTR. Polaris has replaced the Rawhide Grips with these on the Sportsman models. I havn't heard any reviews yet, though.

Old 10-28-2003, 11:58 PM
Range Rover

Hey Dan,
Where can I find a picture of these Rawhide MT/R's? Just want to check them out.
Thanks

Old 10-29-2003, 12:07 AM
Pro Rider

There is a post of them on kawieriders, and I have a link to a photo on my frontpage.

DanW, how do they do in the mud? Are they good handling and soft ride on hardpack? Anyone know where you can buy them without buying a new AC650?

Quick Reply: Best all around trail tire for P650/700