Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Vforce paddle test

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2003, 12:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vforce paddle test

I ran into a couple nice Vforce guys at sand mountain. THey both had 22" kenda paddles with 8 straight blades. I raced 1 of them up sand mountain. He had dual pro circuit pipes. I beat him by 30 lengths (about 160ft). Night and day difference. I sat up on top of the hill chatting with people, waiting for him to get up. It was really shocking to both of us. I think it was the difference between 22" haulers and 22" kendas. The other guy didn't race, but he seemed very interested in some new paddles.

Old 11-11-2003, 11:42 PM
Range Rover

green700,

I can not find your video... Anyway I’m in the market for some sand tires what do you recommend for the V Force?

http://www.dunereview.com/readersvideos.htm

RJ

Old 11-12-2003, 12:44 AM
Pro Rider

Everyone I've talked to says to run 22" extreme haulers. I'm running 22" kenda dune runners only because I didn't want to wait for extremes because rockymountain atv doesn't stock 22's. They also told me the V was shredding the haulers, ripping the paddles right off. But they were having good luck with the extreme haulers. The kenda's work pretty well and were a bargain compared to the skat traks but they definately don't hook up as well as the skat's.

Old 11-12-2003, 11:53 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RocketJoe
green700,

I can not find your video... Anyway I’m in the market for some sand tires what do you recommend for the V Force?

http://www.dunereview.com/readersvideos.htm

RJ
I just checked the link. Dunereview is not my webpage. It looks like they removed the link. That sucks.

You can try this one at my yahoo briefacse.
http://f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/...ID.AVI&.src=bc

Old 11-12-2003, 06:21 PM
Range Rover

green700,

Nice video [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] they took it down, because the V is the new king of the (sand) mountain LOL.
You say you are using the Skat-Trak Haulers or do you have the Extreme Haulers?
I heard the V shreds up the Haulers… what is your experience?
Do you know of any one using the Skat-Trak Edge?

RJ

Old 11-12-2003, 07:08 PM
Pro Rider

green700,

Nice video [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] they took it down, because the V is the new king of the (sand) mountain LOL.
You say you are using the Skat-Trak Haulers or do you have the Extreme Haulers?
I heard the V shreds up the Haulers… what is your experience?
Do you know of any one using the Skat-Trak Edge?

RJ
Thanks. I think they removed it beacuse it's not wmv format. I wish they woulda told me, I can convert it.

I really doubt it would shred haulers. I've got 100+ hrs on my haulers (not extremes) and they look like new. If I could do it over I'd have got extremes instead. Just cause we tested our raptor with hauler vs extremes and the extremes were better. I think paddle wear is caused by bad terrain, not from excessive power. Whoever shredded haulers, Id like to hear thier story. Sounds like they weren't on sand all the time. When it snows on the dunes I use knobbies, cause the sand gets frozen and hard. And haulers arent cheap.

I dont know anybody using the edge. I would guess it might outperfom the other V paddles but I dont know. I'm biased against V paddles [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I still think turning is done with the front wheels. And poeple say V paddles are for turning.

Old 11-12-2003, 08:15 PM
Range Rover

green700,

Thanks

Ok I have narrowed it down to either the Extreme Haulers 24x 11x 10 with 8 paddles.
They are $285.00 for a set from Prowlers Speed & Custom (800) 368-3593 I talked with Kenny he said the 24" get better floatation then 22”.

Or the ITP Sand Star 22x 11x 10.
I have heard good (even form Kenny who dose not sell them) things about them.
They are priced at $182.00 a set Rocky Mt ATV, but (back ordered) not available for a few weeks.

RJ

Old 11-12-2003, 08:21 PM
Pro Rider

green700,

Thanks

Ok I have narrowed it down to either the Extreme Haulers 24x 11x 10 with 8 paddles.
They are $285.00 for a set from Prowlers Speed & Custom (800) 368-3593 I talked with Kenny he said the 24" get better floatation then 22”.

Or the ITP Sand Star 22x 11x 10.
I have heard good (even form Kenny who dose not sell them) things about them.
They are priced at $182.00 a set Rocky Mt ATV, but (back ordered) not available for a few weeks.

RJ
I just ordered a set of itp sand stars (22s) yesterday. I am going to Glamis this friday am, but they promised to get them to me b4 turkey day. I wish i had them for this trip.

Old 11-12-2003, 08:31 PM
Range Rover

[/quote]
HappywithVForce
I just ordered a set of itp sand stars (22s) yesterday. I am going to Glamis this friday am, but they promised to get them to me b4 turkey day. I wish i had them for this trip.[/quote]

Going to the Glamis on Friday! you guys are killing me LOL. We are in for some snow on Friday. Have a blast...

RJ

Old 11-12-2003, 08:39 PM
Pro Rider

We got some snow today and may get a few inches tonite. I may live in so. cal. but up in these mtns it still snows. I am glad we can go down to the desert to warm up!

Quick Reply: Vforce paddle test