Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Hatfield McCoy Warning

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2003, 05:29 PM
wop
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hatfield McCoy Warning

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Just got back from h.m. with one less quad and one less atv trailer. First night there they stole my friends new Rincon and my other friends new all alum. triton atv trailer. They also tried to get a honda rancher but left it sitting in the road. Must have gotten interupted. Amazingly enough they left my 650 and my 700 V force alone. Just a warning if you go lock em up and your trailers. State police took 2 days to come out.

Old 11-24-2003, 05:46 PM
Range Rover

Good advice! Thanks for the heads-up.

Old 11-24-2003, 05:48 PM
Pro Rider

WOP, where at H/M was this that they got stolen? Were they locked up etc?

Old 11-24-2003, 05:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wop,
Thanx for the heads up on this unfortunate event. It serves as yet another example of why we all need full insurance on our quads. In my experience, the insurance is relatively cheap (compared to the price of a new quad) and well worth the peace of mind!

Happy trails...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-24-2003, 06:13 PM
Trailblazer

Get the specifics on the bike and trailer on here so people can start looking out for them!!

Old 11-24-2003, 06:44 PM
Trailblazer

what part of h/m were u in when this happened ,i was just there 3 weeks ago and did get the feeling that this could have happened to me as well ,so i drove everywhere with my trailer and at night backed it up to the wall.

Old 11-24-2003, 08:26 PM
Pro Rider

FORUM TO WOP - WHERE WERE YA????? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-24-2003, 10:29 PM
wop
Weekend Warrior

We were on the rockhouse trail and no they were not locked.

Old 11-24-2003, 10:31 PM
Pro Rider

Wop, do you have an opposition to details? LOL... where , were you on the trail, or parked nearby, were you in gilbert or man or where specifically? Lets hear the story, come on!

Old 11-24-2003, 11:52 PM
2TV
Pro Rider

WOP, sorry to hear about the loss your two friends had to deal with. Nothing irritates me more than someone that steals something that you’ve spent your hard earned $ on. If I caught someone doing that to me I’d probably be going to jail but they sure would never steal again.

You said the things were stolen on the first night you were there, was this at the Rockhouse trail head or from where you were staying?

Just for your info when we travel we always have the trailer locked onto the hitch or if its detached from the vehicle we have a lock on the trailer’s hitch so it can’t be hooked up to another vehicle. Also if we leave a quad behind it’s either unloaded and locked to the front of the trailer (with multiple Kryptonite cable locks) or locked on the trailer itself with multiple locks. At nighttime when we are parked, all of the ATVs are locked together. This may not stop a professional thief who really wants your quad but hopefully it will slow them down.

Quick Reply: Hatfield McCoy Warning