Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

dial-a-jet question for Alltoys

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2003, 10:37 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dial-a-jet question for Alltoys

Alltoys, I remember reading in an old post that you were running a dial-a-jet on your 650, just wondering your opinion as to the effectiveness of the system, as I am interested in installing one. Also, wondering if you ordered yours from the states or if there is an Alberta dealer that was able to give a good deal. Thanks in advance.

Old 12-05-2003, 10:44 PM
Pro Rider

I ordered mine from the US the charges were crazy. Echo Cycle has TPI stuff for sleds they are in Edmonton they have a web site www.echocycle.com you can order there or call them up. Dave Boire or Shawn are the ones to talk with 780 447-3246. The problem with ordering unless you know someone in the US can be very expensive coming across the border!!!!!!!

Old 12-05-2003, 11:21 PM
Range Rover

Thanks Alltoys, I'll check out Echo Cycle, I've ordered stuff in the past from the US with the same results, between exchange rate and customs, it gets a bit ridiculous.

Old 12-06-2003, 02:47 PM
Pro Rider

I like the Dial a Jet is sure helps with getting the jetting to the right place without haveing to tear apart the top end to get to the carbs.

Old 12-08-2003, 12:28 PM
Pro Rider

Dial a jets are so "old School"

don't use them!!!

Check this out

Available at any good sled shop..about 275.00

Old 12-09-2003, 02:31 PM
Pro Rider

XC800,
My dial-a-jet system works just fine for now, but those springs for the carbs have made me curious. Do you now of anyone that has tried them in their ATV's? I think I may have to give them a call and check them out. Any little extra can help! Thanks

Old 12-09-2003, 03:32 PM
Trailblazer

Wildwill,

See the a write up at:

http://www.snowconnection.com/Featur...n/holtzman.htm

I will be in the area this xmas, about 30 miles from his place (Eagle River, Wi.). I may have to take a visit.

Old 12-09-2003, 03:39 PM
Trailblazer

W.W. - Sorry this is off topic but nice pics that is a AWSOME P750. How do you like the ATR's on the trails, and have you used them in the sand? thanks for the info

Old 12-09-2003, 10:36 PM
Pro Rider

TriumphDude,
I don't know if they will fit know? We have CVK model of carb and the springs are for CV model, so who knows? How did those parts work out for you?

JSwope,
Thanks! The ATR's have great traction, but wear pretty easy. I never had the chance to ride in sand so I don't know. My first rear set wouldn't hold air so I sent them back to ITP and they sent me new ones. I still had a hell of a time getting the rear one to seal on a brand new set of OMF beadlocks. Now that I have my machine going over 70 mph the front end shakes with the ATR's, I even had them balanced best as possible. We had some snow here this passed weekend and I went riding with my 589 M/S on E-series rims. I had up to 74mph. on hard pack snow with no shake. A couple other people I have talk to said them same thing about the ATR's. Many people like the Maxxis Alltrac also?

Old 12-10-2003, 12:42 AM
Pro Rider

What I am refering to is the ATACC system. It is totally auto compansated(sp) so you never have to adujust a dial or position ****. As we all know, you are only spot on when switch position=exact enviroment. As you drift to say a higher elevation you will drift from the sweet spot out until the next dial or switch setting is selected. With the ATACC, it will compansate AS you change your environment so you are ALWAYS spot on.

Call Holtzman and tell them what you have. I believe his first name is Gary. I called last March and he said, if the motor has a carb, it will work!!. The only thing is each style of carb will have a different location that you drill into to get the venting which controls the float bowl pressure (thats basically how they work..controlling flow bowl pressure).

The kit has install instructions for Keihein and Mikuni carbs that most sled makers use but once again, call him and give the exact model number and he will tell you where to get your venting. He designed the systems on the website himself. Very knowledgable and very happy to help out the end user directly. All the contact info is on his site.

I was going to hook one up but I do not swing in temps and elevations with the quad like I do with the sled. If I start climbing up to 8000 feet next year, I will get one for sure.

Quick Reply: dial-a-jet question for Alltoys