Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

What all do I need for GNCC Racing?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2003, 09:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What all do I need for GNCC Racing?

Thanks yall, I guess im going to race in the utility unlimited class then. Getting kinda expensive, lol... Just won the bumper off ebay, guess ill get some nerfs later. What kinda atv's run in that class?

Old 12-11-2003, 09:20 PM
Range Rover

Polaris and the V's. And like Speedy says you will be surrounded by good clean riders in unlimited.

Old 12-16-2003, 11:56 PM
Pro Rider

Does this hog have enuff gas to make it the whole race? Or am I gonna need to pit?

Old 12-17-2003, 05:08 AM
Trailblazer

How long do you run before you run out of gas regularly? If you dont know, you need to ride for long durations to get ready for the race.

I run straight super on mine and I've seen that I can go at least 3 hours. Races are 2hrs for the gncc.

I'm going to run 4 stops on the WORCS series which is the west coast version of the gncc.

SKID PLATES!!!!! Make sure your bike is decked out in body armor. You can get a good sense of what you need just by watching the GNCC's on TV. Minus the pro's gas guzzling 116 octaine monsters, you can bet you wont have to re-fill gas.

GNCC's are all about Suspension and body armor
I got the Elkas and use AC racing bumpers and skids,
Also Slime your tires. Its cheap and could possibly save your day.

Yes, the elka suspension is better than you could EVER imagine.

Old 12-17-2003, 07:18 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: HighLifterV700
Does this hog have enuff gas to make it the whole race? Or am I gonna need to pit?
I can only get about 3 laps on a stock tank full. So if your tank is stock, plan on pitting. The race maybe 2hrs long, but after every corner and staight away your at WOT, it sucks the gas down.

Old 12-17-2003, 09:55 AM
Range Rover

Don't try to make the whole race .....it won't make it.

Old 12-17-2003, 10:02 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks guys.. There is a race this weekend and it is 1hr plus one lap, and the track is usually 5-7 miles long. Do you think I will need to pit in that race? Its a local deal, ill prolly get into fully next year. Im going to race the short course, they said the pro's usually race for 2hrs+. Guess a IMS tank is on my christmas list, lol.

Old 12-17-2003, 10:43 AM
Pro Rider

You should be able to go 1 hour with out pitting... one thing I think is vital, that no one mentioned ( everyones suggestions have been right on ), is a hydration pack... it can be a Camel Back or one of the other brands...I fill mine 1/2 full of water & freeze it, then top it off just before the race, practice putting it on a few times, until you find how you like it best... use duct tape or what ever needed to locate your bite valve, so that it will be where you need it... carrying water ( or sport drink ), won't do you any good, if you can't find it... you can buy the hose insulators to keep your liquid in the hose cooler, or just blow through the hose, to push the fluid back in the bladder, to keep it cold... my MX boots saved my legs on one particularly bad roll over, & I like an armored set of gloves, even though I have hand gaurds... I'd also highly reccomend a racer pack on you goggles, unless there is no chance of mud... lightly oiling the foam on your goggles can help with the dust...

take it easy & have fun... remember, finishing in any place, is better than a DNF, & or an ambulance ride...

Old 12-17-2003, 04:46 PM
Range Rover

Highlifter - where in TX is the race? I live in Shreveport. Not into racing but I'd like to watch.

Also, do you mind a few questions? I haven't been to FunWheelerPark yet, but what is it like (if you're familiar)? Are their trails passable with a 2wd or do you need 4wd? If I were to go over there myself, are the people pretty friendly? Do they mind letting you ride with them? I just don't want to get over there and get lost or broke down with no help. BTW, I have a Bayou220 and am planning on getting an '05 P700 in July. Although my Bayou is no racer, I can ride pretty it to its full potential.

Old 12-17-2003, 06:57 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the help newbeatle, I got a 2 liter water pack already. I dont see how anyone could race with out it. The race is going to be at rabbit creek park in kilgore, tx. Just on the other side of longview. Go to atvccs.com for more info. Ive been to fun wheeler alot, and it is a great place to ride, but it is more for a 4x4, they have serious mud there. The people there are the best, it is operated by some of the nicest folks in texas. All of the parks in east texas are pretty good, I dont go to fun wheeler that often, cause I dont have a 4x4. But I go to gator run and rabbit creek alot.

Quick Reply: What all do I need for GNCC Racing?