Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

What all do I need for GNCC Racing?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2003, 11:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What all do I need for GNCC Racing?

Do I need a number plate? Im gonna order a kill switch later this week. Any other tips from u racers? Im really pumped about the race in east tx next year.. Thanks

Old 12-09-2003, 03:01 AM
Range Rover

ha ha dude you already have what you need... a v-force. dominating its class in the GNCC. how many races does the v-force have to win before it gets its props?

Old 12-10-2003, 12:24 PM
Pro Rider

All you need is a kill switch. They will put a bar code on your helmet and a number on the back of your helmet that is color coded for your class level.

I would highly recommend that you come with full gear. Some dudes out there were riding in jeans and tee shirts. Not a good idea. Also, bring a spare set of goggles (they get really muddy). If you happen to have a spare set of wheels and tires, bring them as flats are not uncommon. I didn't wear a chest protector and took some pretty brutal rock roost to the chest. I will not make that mistake again.

Other than that I will offer one nugget of wisdom that I wish someone would have shared with me. If you get to a really really steep hill, let the guy in front of you clear before going for it. If the guy in front of you doesn't make it, your screwed. I busted my **** and my Force and it sucked so bad that I cannot begin to tell you. Some others may disagree, but it is better to lose a few seconds on a lap than to be done for the day (or maybe even get hurt).

Good luck.

Old 12-10-2003, 05:14 PM
Range Rover

I don't see that you have a front bumper...a very good idea.
Like this.
Or this.

And just remember to have fun. Have any idea of your class you would like to run?

Old 12-10-2003, 05:58 PM
Pro Rider

TRX500 is right about the bumper. My Pro Armor bumper saved me in one race. If I had my stock one on, I would not of finished the race. Those trees don't move much.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 12-10-2003, 08:37 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks alot for the replys guys. I just got a full riding gear package off buykawasaki.com(damn good times card, lol), i just bid on that bumper on ebay too(thx trx500). I really appreciate the help. Anything else guys? Im going to enter into the first year racers class, unless theres something better for me to race in.

Old 12-10-2003, 09:56 PM
Range Rover

Class depends on how many quads you like starting with you. Me I like as few as posibble(Utility Unlimited) I know there is no chance ever for me to win in that class, but I like just getting out there and having fun. I have 2 nephews racing that class this year who are out of sight after the first 1/2 mile, but GE4x4 and me raced together at Powerline Park and followed each other for 2 laps, and I had a blast. We rode about the same speed, and it was fun.

Old 12-10-2003, 11:56 PM
Pro Rider

So what class would you recommend me race in? I have been riding all my life and consider myself a expereinced rider. Only racing I have done is motocross.

Old 12-11-2003, 01:37 AM
Weekend Warrior

V700
I would run in the utility unlimited, i run this class also. There are not as many riders in the class and you will have good riders around you while racing. The one thing i would get would have to be hand guards, i receive race support with Cyrca, i run the ATV Probend Racer pak. My hands have been saved many times by them, they work great. Good luck.

Old 12-11-2003, 05:03 AM
Trailblazer

nerf bars are almost a must in GNCC. keeps other peoples wheels out of that nice space. not to mention trees [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] i've also used mine to slap/guide me around some tight sections.

Quick Reply: What all do I need for GNCC Racing?