Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Kawasaki 700 VS Polaris 700

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2003, 05:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kawasaki 700 VS Polaris 700

[quote]
Originally posted by: gregsims
I think the only thing they have is speed,.............. [quote]

You think. OK. Have you actually ridden one? It's the FUNNEST ute quad I've ever ridden. I can go most places other than deep mud, and I don't enjoy subjecting my quads (I work hard too for my$$) to that crap. Also, by the time you caught up, I'd have found a way to go around the mud anyway. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I agree though, the P-700 is MORE suited to trails than rock hounding (got a Grizz for that anyway-got anything bad to say about the Grizz? Just curious).
Really though, the Prarie is way more comftorabe than I thought it would be w/o the IRS. I've had a Sportsman and it just didn't fit my s\riding style; the Prairie does. Both good quads, apples/oranges.

Old 12-23-2003, 05:45 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: gregsims
I think the only thing they have is speed, but even that is only in a drag race on smooth terrain. .

......yes, speed and GNCC titles. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-23-2003, 06:09 PM
Trailblazer

Is the horse dead yet? We've been beating him for a few days now.

Old 12-23-2003, 06:26 PM
Pro Rider

Archer, Tellico is in NC, not Bama. The great smoky mountains, Nantahala National Forest.
Difficulty runs from F1 - stock vehicles (but you better have REAL good tires) to F4 - Extreme (don't even try it
on a Prairie). I rode 2) F1's (Tipton Creek Road and Fain's Ford Road) on a Bayou 300 (About 10 miles), and then tried an F2 (Bob Creek Trail).
Boy, that was beyond my max. Had to be rescued twice by other riders.
Don't even want to try that again. LOL

I would say on a Prairie you would have no problems with F2, except you better lift your quad by 3-4"
minimum. But an F3 you better have a long winch and lots of help along. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Forget the F4's you won't make it.
The F4's are murder.

And remember I like Prairies, a lot. Just telling you like it is.

Old 12-23-2003, 06:48 PM
Pro Rider

WoodsRuner, did you ever see the rock garden at the bottom of Trail 2????? and the top section of Trail 2??? I have taken my Grizz down ever trail there, even up Guardrails big slab and Helicopter pad as well as Slick Rock!!! Though I have never went up Trail number 6's rock ledge, I have wenched up it with me being off the quad!! Its would be suicide to try going down it, cuz your nearly goin vertical then there is a 3 ft high rock ledge that is even steeper!!! I have went down all the trails and with a winch anything can make it!! Some trails are overrated and they change on a weekly basis due to the impact of so many vehicles (mainly hybrids, jeeps etc) that it changes from one week to the next!!! People say that trail #2 is the hardest but I firmly believe that Slick Rock on trail #12 is definately the hardest!!! Trail #13 is a quad only trail with killer mudholes!!! Also on bottom #2 there is a tree down across the road that is probably 3 feet high off the ground, its amazing watching those hybrids crawl over it, quads can get over it by riding the bank where it fell, but its a handfull!!!! I winched to avoid crashing before I even got to ride! Wiley, come join me, it is definately DEATH DEFYING, people have literally rolled off the side of the mountains, usually when they do, they strip the vehicle of the parts etc because its impossible to get the vehicles back up, you can't see the bottom of the gorges up there, you are literally almost in the clouds lol!! Most of the time there is snow on the ground during winter and is usually always wet! Summer is more fun but more people!!! I always drive up to the hardest sections and sit for hours watching people try to make it in their own custom creation 4x4's. I wished everyone could ride there at least once, but if your like me, then anywhere else you ride just doesnt seem fun becuase there is no challenge!!! RIDE HARD RIDE SAFE!

Old 12-23-2003, 06:50 PM
Pro Rider

The new 800 will not be a Suzook or Pol.Not even Yam or Kaw.She gonna be a big bad Bomb.Bombardier, I mean. Its called the Adventurer, 800 cc single, liquid cooled, same IRS as the Outlander and a brand new Auto tranny.

Its gonna blow everybody away.Totally unexpected by all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-23-2003, 07:51 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, I saw some of the rough stuff, which is why I chose not even to try it LOL.
I don't think any quad without IRS could negotiate the Rock Gardens. I didn't
see it all, of course, 'cause I couldn't ride it all. But what a rush it is, anyway.

I didn't have a winch, and I had a 2WD quad. So I stayed in the beginners sections [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-23-2003, 09:17 PM
Trailblazer

The polarass Is way to high centered to feel safe off camber.Scarey.It sounds like a rattle trap.A v twin is the only way to go on a big bore atv. The Polarass feels like your sitting on a VW beetle.A !3 yrld girl can ride a 700 Kawie. Just my thoughts

Old 12-23-2003, 10:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] my sp700 was like sitting on a bowl of jellow.

Old 12-23-2003, 10:30 PM
Pro Rider

Brushdog, my Prairie 700 will tip way before my Polaris. No joke. I'm not talking high-speed riding here. When descending technical stuff, I find that the front springs are too soft. When leaning forward, and to the side, the downhill front spring will compress too much, allowing the quad to roll. Forget about center of gravity. That's not the issue. The Polaris also has a wider front track width, which also helps.

Quick Reply: Kawasaki 700 VS Polaris 700