Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

naber vs. DG holeshot module.

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2004, 01:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default naber vs. DG holeshot module.

Mike W.,
Haven't raced yet. The GNCC race is Jan 31st in Gilmer, TX. I'm starting to get excited about it though. I have been spending lots of time riding lately and Santa brought me a weight bench to get into some kind of shape before the race.

BTW, I spoke to Mike P. (my hero!) last week and he told me that he plans to race at Gilmer. It will be a blast to race with Mike P. Although, I'm still not sure if GNCC has only 1 class for utility quads (utility stock and utility modified???). The reason I called Mike was to find out which kind of tether cord kill switch he recommends. He told me he likes the Pro Design, so I plan to buy one today or Monday. Then I just need to figure out how to wire it up! Any hints on the wire installation?

Santa also bought me some Progressives Suspension front springs. I actually wanted to get the Elka springs (which are true dual rate springs), but after speaking to Prairie Wrench...I decided that the Elkas have a weak retainer clip problem and I don't have the time to wait for them to get that fixed/tested. So I just went with the cheaper/but stiffer Progressive springs...I'm hoping these springs will stop the front end from diving when I turn at a high speeds.

No need to wish me luck in the GNCC race...it'll be my first cross-country race ever and my goal is just to finish (hopefully without injury to me or my quad)! If I decide that I like cross-country racing, I will probably enter a local cross-country series that starts up in March.

Happy trails...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-02-2004, 02:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default naber vs. DG holeshot module.

M.B... I got to meet Mike P. at the 12 hours race, in October...he seems like a really nice guy... I wish I had gotten to race against his / thier team... they didn't seem to do anything outstanding, just consistantly ran good ... & ended up winning...

I installed my teather kill switch with info suppied from this forum... it's been a long time ( about a year, since I installed it ), but if memory serves me correctly, I tied into the grey wire, on the keyed ignition switch ... when I first tried to install it, it would blow the main fuse when tripped, & this of course was not the correct way to install it...

I doubt there will be more than one class ( there isn't in my area )... if there is, it will be more than likely be dictated by engine displacement ...

Do you have a hydration pack ??? I found mine ( just a cheapy ), to be invaluable during the hare scrambles I ran last summer... I would 1/2 fill it with water, & freeze it, then fill just before the race, to have a cold drink ( if you have a cheapy, make sure you don't freeze the end of your hose, or you could go 1/2 way through the race, before you're able to get a drink )...

Have you ever run a MX course ??? most GNCC / Hare Scramble courses contain at least some sort of MX section... I found the double jumps to be particularly hard on my body, as I nearly always had to scrape my knees off my handlebars... if there is a MX park that allows quads, in your area, it would be worth turning a few laps on one, to practice some of the man made obsticals you may encounter on the course...

Have fun...