Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Parts for Mojave?????????

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2003, 10:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parts for Mojave?????????

I cant find a jet kit or graphics or anything for my Mojave. Can someone tell me where I can find parts and what is the best thing to do to a stock Mojave. thanks

Old 12-30-2003, 11:07 PM
Trailblazer

as for as jet kits, Dennis Kirk has FMF jet kits for your Mojave. But for graphics, I haven't found anything yet. I've heard the best thing you can do to your Mojave is get a air filter, and an exhaust. If you want a guy who specializes in Mojave's I have the phone number. He makes everything. Hope this helps. If you want his number let me know.

Old 12-30-2003, 11:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks Mojave Thunder. Do you know if I can get the whole package,(jet kit, head pipe, and silencer)? I also need a reverse cable. If I click down from 1st gear it automatically goes into reverse with out touching the reverse ****.

Old 12-30-2003, 11:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: Stunter
Thanks Mojave Thunder. Do you know if I can get the whole package,(jet kit, head pipe, and silencer)? I also need a reverse cable. If I click down from 1st gear it automatically goes into reverse with out touching the reverse ****.
i had the same problem w/ my Mo.

it wasnt the reverse cable..

what ya do is, you take off the foot peg, shifter, and the little shifter indicator ( on mine its the red arrow looking thing). and there is a cover that is right behind the red arrow thing, take the cover off. inside there is where the reverse thing is. what happend to mine was there was this little like shaft in there and like i had to make a collet type thing so that it would stay in a spot, because on mine it would turn pretty easily, and now it works like a charm.

i know it aint the best description, i did it to mine a few months back an i cant quite remember what all i did. sorry.

aaron

Old 12-30-2003, 11:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

ok i found the post i put up here.. "its alright.. i fixed it.. nothing too bad at all. just had to make a little key thing for the little key way that goes on the shaft for the reverse thing. it works wanders now."

sorry for the bad description before, i just couldnt remember what all i did to fix it, i guess i was to busy working on my chevelle that i forgot about what was in the quad, oh well.

aaron

Old 12-30-2003, 11:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks man I really appreciate it. I just bought my Mojave and it doesnt even have the reverse cable on it that runs from the reverse **** down to the motor. Thnks for your help.

Curtis

Old 12-30-2003, 11:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

oh yeah anytime man.

ah that sucks, it shouldnt be more than a 20.00 anyways.

good luck and happy riding.

aaron

Old 12-31-2003, 11:03 AM
Trailblazer

Hey Stunter, I haven't found a kit yet that comes with a jet kit, headpipe, and a silencer. However if I find one I'll let you know. So how do you like your Mojave so far? I was weary when I first bough mine, but now I love it. The reverse cable your wanting, you local Kawasaki dealer should have it. If they don't they can always order it. It shouldn't cost that much, because my dealer put a clutch cable on my Mojave for $20.00. Hope this helps you out.