Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

YFZ450 or V-Force

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2004, 10:02 PM
RPM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YFZ450 or V-Force

First off, the 2 count them TWO photos are of the same guy. Second, it appears to be during a photo shoot, so most likely, the rider was trying to push the quad to get the best photo.

Third, if this One page (The LAST page no less.), out of One magazine, with photos of One guy wrecking on a V is your basis for determining that the KFX700 "sux" then you are probably not going to get very far in this world. I don't intend to imply that you are ignorant, just very uninformed.

Old 01-06-2004, 10:05 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: sn0wrider
lol..sn0w is soft you moron, no i do not own a v-force and never will. V-Forces aka V-Floor has to much power for itself. I'd rather go with a yfz, they are basicly the best quad on the market right now, go find the atv rider october and look on the last page, its a big picture of a rider testing out the v-force, on the top it says REJECTED and there is picx of tons of riders falling. and no i do not work for them you moron, i just read it..
Yea, little kids don't seem to like the V.......Tooooo muuuuch power they say.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 01-06-2004, 10:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

hey RPM dont worry anymore about this guy. I just found out that he is 15 years old 5 foot nothing and all of 125lbs soking wet. He is totaly clueless.
Lets not waist anymore time on the kid. Have a heart! Sorry little buddy i didnt know you were so young!
maybe next time i will sing you a lullabuy. Buy Buy Sweety nighty night. dont let the bed bugs bite

Old 01-06-2004, 10:39 PM
RPM
Pro Rider

It doesn't take a genius to figure out he is a young one, his statements speek for themself. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I like to refer to it as Educating Our Youth.

sn0wrider,

You are more than entitled to voice your oppinions. But if I may be of some assistance here, if you want to make such blanket statements about which quad is better, you need to look at the top and bottom of the Thread you are responding too. In both of these places you will find the section of the Forum that you are in. If you notice, the section you are in at this moment is in the Kawasaki section. HINT, if you are going to make the statements that the KFX700 "sux" and that the "YFZ is the best quad on the market", you might receive a more favorable responce if you were to go to the Yamaha section. Just a suggestion.

Another suggestion, I wouldn't do the same in the Honda section either, they are on edge right now.

Have FUN, be SAFE.

Old 01-07-2004, 04:38 AM
Pro Rider

WileyCoyote, were you in four wheel drive the whole time??? I kinda wonder how it was in two whell drive.
I didn't try that hill in 2WD. The idea of trying to turn that pig around on a steep hill when you're several hundred feet up is a little spooky. I held the yellow lever, too. Yeah, it steered like sh**, but all I had to do was hold it straight. Once the hill leveled a little, I released the yellow lever, and the steering let up a little. I bet if that thing had paddles on all four corners, it would be unstoppable.

Old 01-07-2004, 04:47 AM
Pro Rider

wow your funny..hehe..vforce sux that's all there is to say, my friend can ride your just mad cuz you know ur v-force is a wheelie machine therefore its a b-floors as you can see FLOOR, im not dissin on kawasaki i have a kfx, i kno a vforce is a poorly made machine..
Please, have one of your parents proof read your work before hitting the "reply" button.

Old 01-07-2004, 10:10 AM
Pro Rider

From what I read in these forums, people buy a quad, and then spend thousands of dollars to make it as powerful as possible. Now, there is a quad that comes factory equipped with all the power you'd want, ie: the V-Force, and a certain person is bashing it because of that?

Old 01-07-2004, 12:37 PM
Range Rover

I have flipped my V-Force. I flipped it on my second day of riding. Twice. Now let me explain. First, I was climbing a hill I probably shouldn't have, with a narrow turn between some rocks at the top over uneven ground, and instead of powering all the way through I let all my speed die so I was basically stopped, precariously perched somewhat sideways at the top of a steep hill between some rocks. So what did I do? I let it start to roll backwards and hit the throttle. So it flipped over kind of backwards and kind of sideways. Who's fault was that? The V's fault? No it was my fault... and could have happened on any quad. Later that day, because I would not admit defeat, I was doing a power slide at about 5 mph and I let off the throttle. So the tires bit, and I flipped over on the side (shattering that brittle limited edition plastic curse you kawasaki). Now again... letting off the throttle during a powerslide... was that the V's fault? Or my fault?

Needless to say, I have since learned to ride and am sliding and turning the V with ease. Regarding some magazine review that says the V sucks... there are a bunch that say it rules... and they're just as full of crap. Want the real story on the V? Check out the GNCC results. IT OWNS. Professional riders kicking *** with the V on cross country courses tells you all you need to know.

And again... yeah yeah blah blah your supercharged $12k banshee will climb bigger dunes (please learn how to spell Banshee you yamaha freaks) and the YFZ owns the track who cares? Comparing the YFZ to the V is apples to oranges and dumb. Want to MX... do huge jumps, of course get the YFZ (although you will be sad when the TRX450s are kicking your asses, praise be to Honda for putting the reality smackdown on the YFZ acolytes), but if you want to have all day fun in the dunes or on the trails, it's hard to beat the V. Maybe impossible.

Old 01-07-2004, 01:19 PM
Pro Rider

WileyCayote, when you get to the top, or just before, pin the gas and pitch it around back down the hill. I've found, with my limited experience on my new P700, the thing will slide around very easily, especially(I imagine) on sand.

Old 01-07-2004, 10:56 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RPM It doesn't take a genius to figure out he is a young one, his statements speek for themself. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
I think it is more a matter of "experience" than it is a matter of "age". Snowrider is 15 and he says the V-Force has "too much power for him". I'll take that for what it is worth. My son is 13 and he has ridden my V-Force for countless miles without a problem. However, just last week my son broke his left arm while riding his 400EX in the Nevada desert. He had been doing a third gear <u>wheelie</u> and just happened to let the front end down so that his front tires hit a small wash right at the same time they hit the ground, and it wrenched the handlebars so badly that it broke his arm, even though he did not crash, and did not fall off of the ATV. He is a tough kid, and never whimpered or cried, but just stopped riding and waited for me to come back and see why he had stopped, which is when he told me that his arm had been hurt. It turns out that he has what is called a "greenstick fracture", so the fracture was not displaced at all, and we did not know at the time that his arm was fractured, but he could not ride his 400EX with the broken arm due to severe pain each time he tried to pull in the clutch lever. We had been riding cross country across the desert and we were at least ten miles away from the nearest road or trail of any kind, and about 11 miles away from the truck. Well guess what, my 13 year old son rode my V-force the 11 miles back to the truck with a freakin broken arm, for crying out loud! So that shows you how oh my god dangerous and un-rideable the big bad V-Force is. The good thing about the V-Force is that it CAN be ridden like a grandma if you need to, and it can ALSO be ridden fast if you want to. Quite frankly, anyone that has reasonable riding skill should be able to ride a V-Force <u>safer</u> than many other sport quads on the market right now. The V-Force certainly does not wheelie any worse than a Raptor or several current 400cc ATVs do. Maybe I should be trying to tell everyone that the 400EX is a poorly designed ATV because it wheelies too much. Betcha I would get just as many people to believe me as Snorider is going to get to believe him on the V-Force [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: YFZ450 or V-Force