Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Any thoughts on a ram air or sealed box for p650?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2004, 04:12 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any thoughts on a ram air or sealed box for p650?

.....and there you have it...hard to believe a guy that put 40 p.s.i. into a P650 (Alltoys claim) could know so little about forced induction.

Steve

Old 01-19-2004, 02:38 AM
Pro Rider

n2xlr8n,
Forced induction,..........one day I would like to show you the old school of FORCED INDUCTION!

Doctorturbo,
Your 6-71 doesn't produce 40#s of boost either!!!! If you over pressurize the intake you have to have a pop off valve. If you are not sure what a pop off valve is or what it does go down to the local race track I am sure they can point you in the right direction, especially the young fellows with the twin turbo'd Neons.

Have a chat with a fellow at T.C. Racing, Tom Carlson he is a turbo guru all my modifications were from him. He has designed motors for a good many top qualifiers. Mike Penland uses him for engine modds on his Green Team Machines. He has a proven track record he built one of my Super Charged Harleys some time ago so he carries a lot of weight in the racing field!!! Good luck to you with your endeavors I hope to meet you at the track some day!

Old 01-19-2004, 04:37 AM
Pro Rider

oh c`mon n2xlr8n they showed you all about forced induction in prison!!
i think you be playing with your pop-off valve.

wake up and smell the octane! DUMa$$

Old 01-19-2004, 01:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

Blowers must have pop off valves to divert over pressuring the cylinder as they rotate so fast it takes a long time for the blower to react to any rapid fluctuations in rpm.
Alltoy, your the one that said that blowers Must have a pop off valve. I'm just pointing out thats not true. Two of my turbo systems do have wategates, my blower does not. You used the word MUST.

Have a chat with a fellow at T.C. Racing, Tom Carlson he is a turbo guru all my modifications were from him.
I don't have to. He sounds like he knows his stuff and knows exactly what he is talking about, just like me and dozens of other turbo kit builders and designers.

I'm not here to get in a pissing contest with you or anybody else. I just wanted to clear up some statements that were incorrect.

And now if you will, please educate me. You said that "the impellers on a blower are a very hard rausin material or brass or steel." Please tell me what brand and make of turbo, or blower has impellers made of brass or rausin? I have never seen impellers made of these materials and would like to know of such.

Old 01-19-2004, 10:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

Alltoys..you have some bad information concering your statement that Mike Penland and his associated riders get thier engine work done at TC Racing. They stopped using TC Racing when they quit racing the Prairie 400 a few years back. TC Racing is only doing Pro Production bikes for the GNC and GNCC racers and dont offer anything for the utility class Prairie 650 or 700. Just wnated to clear that up..PBR does thier own mods and tuning and the results are showing it dontcha think?

Old 01-20-2004, 12:48 AM
Pro Rider

Doctor,
You are right I used a pop valve as I believe they get rid of the excess pressure faster than a waste gate just my preferrance and you don't need a pop off valve for a light boost. I didn't use one for the blower at 8#s boost either there you go.

Sprayed,
PBR had T.C. racing design a set of cams for the 650 and later on for the V Force I know this for a fact. Not only that T.C. told them what perameters to use for boring out cylinders and stroking cranks. Is this not enough information to do your own rebuilds. Same as you giving indepth information on how to build an engine and not reconizing where you got the support. Sure they did a lot of experimentation but so have but so have a lot of other people myself maybe a little more. PBR gets Web to grind their cams then sells them for more money than the identical set sold from Web. Here is the funny part these cams were designed from T.C. Racing go figure, has T.C. been acknowleged anywhere. Not at all, these are supposed to PBR's cams, yeh right?

PBR has done a lot for the Kawi but they were given the machine to play with and race pretty hard to not like a manufacturer that says here go play!!

Crankdog,
This has been a lot of your topic but a little interesting to say the least. I am finished here.

Scootdog,
Lets get together this year I have new girlfriend that loves to quad and fish. Out with the old and in with the new LOL. You know what I mean!!

Old 01-20-2004, 01:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

Alltoys..I find it amusing that you have such a distaste in your mouth for PBR. What you essentially are unjustly claiming is that PBR is claiming designs and modification knowledge that is not ther own...amusing to say the least...I know Mike and Tom are still friends and have a good working relationship..if PBR did what you are claiming..I hardly doubt this would be the case. After speaking with Morris last night and asking him about TC Racing and the relationship with PBR he again stated what I already knew..not since the P400 have they used TC for any engine mods. Web Cams doesnt grind PBR cams..they may be knocking them off..I dont know...but no one has permission to use the the PBR grind..be it TC..WEb...or anyone else.
The fact that PBR gets machines from Kawi to race is a good thing..right..maybe not to someone who doesnt have the pull..the national titles...the results..to warrent such faith from a manufaturer...but thats what you get..Mike has earned everything he gets from Kawi..dont try and slight it due to whatever reason you think justified..be it false claims about this or that...he doesnt get on here and bash you...why are you so intent on bashing him...could it be Prairie Envy..lmao...nuff said...PBR has results that walk the walk..not just talk about it.

Old 01-20-2004, 03:02 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: scootdog
oh c`mon n2xlr8n they showed you all about forced induction in prison!!
i think you be playing with your pop-off valve.

wake up and smell the octane! DUMa$$

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Good one.

Calling me a dumb a$$ because your erroneous pal Alltoys is spewing out b.s. he calls facts....well, what does that say about you? I'm just attempting to preserve the integrity of what I think is a good site for Kawasaki info.....what are YOU contributing? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]