Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Ultimate Tires & Rims for P700?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2004, 01:06 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ultimate Tires & Rims for P700?

WILL THE MAXIS BIGHORNS FIT ON THE STOCK RIMS? WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE TIRES ON EBAY? ROPNTOZ

Old 01-25-2004, 10:39 AM
Pro Rider

Yes, Bighorns will fit on stock rims, they are 25 inchers, same as stock. As far as buying tires on Ebay, buyer beware. Make sure you are buying from a legit dealer. Most will give you their phone # so that you can call and discuss your purchase before hand. If you buy from an individual, they most likely won't take the tires back if there is a problem. Also, check their Ebay rating and how long they have been members.

Did you see Bighorns on Ebay, because I have been looking and haven't seen any? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 01-25-2004, 12:50 PM
Trailblazer

No I didn't find any bighorns on ebay just thought I might. I won't use bighorns if they are only 25" , I'm going to put 27" tires on my machine so guess that my Question last night was pointless. Any recomendations as far as 27" tires goes? Rop.

Old 01-25-2004, 04:23 PM
Range Rover

Well before you go putting 27in. tires on you better think about what you are giving up like great handleing and power the two things that make the Prairie so great. I had many of my friends do the same thing and they look great but if you don't spend alot of time in the mud I think you will be sorry. I know my friends was and ended up going back to 25in. tires and are now happy campers.

Old 01-25-2004, 05:20 PM
Pro Rider

If you are planing on running with two sets of wheels I dont see a problem with 27in snow tires in Montana some of the time. But I shure dont want them on my Quad in the summer.Oh by the way just look and see how small the opening on your stock snorkel is thats why we chang them. I use a Diamond G racing one. I am thinking of a way to add another snorkle to the air box on top of that. (Got a third at the ATV mudbog at the Kalispel fairgrounds last year pissed me off ) Dont let my profile fool you I have my secrets and I dont like to lose.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

PS the jamboree is a very family orientated event I can send you a link if you wish we will be thire for the hole week.

Old 01-25-2004, 05:38 PM
Trailblazer

how does larger tires translate to less power? are we talking a lot? What tire would you recomend for summer off road use? thanks for the feed back. Rop.

Old 01-25-2004, 05:49 PM
Trailblazer

Well I'm certainly no mud racer but like everything that I do I want to be competitive! Hate to lose! Anyway ,I would sure appreciate thing that will help me get the most out of my p700, my brother & brother inlaw are giving me all kinds of crap for buying a KAWASAKI! they Have polaris sportsman's. I've ridden both and this prairie will eat them up! but they do have more clearance. We do drag race a bit so if I can get more I want it. thanks, Rop. you can e-mail me with anything that you would rather keep private. If you want I'll give you another e-mail address.

Old 01-25-2004, 05:55 PM
Trailblazer

ITP mudlites work realy well with the 6 ply. they also hook up very well.

Old 01-25-2004, 08:08 PM
Pro Rider

I also like the lights but pull teem for ATRs right after breakup. I bring both sets with me alot of the time if I dont know what to expect . For the Jambroee I will be trail riding, sled pulling, mud bogging,drag racing heck I even won a trophy in barrel racing. I may bring 3 sets next year (wife is gettin kinda pissy about quad parts but I just bought her a new quad might be time to sneek them in ) if I can. Just finished plowing again and its still snowing .

Old 01-25-2004, 08:18 PM
Pro Rider

Rop is the Polatski your wifes ?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ultimate Tires & Rims for P700?