Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Can someone answer my damn question?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2004 | 07:43 PM
Range Rover
Default Can someone answer my damn question?

by the way what are u going to do once u get it started its zero deg. out there and snow up to your # plate lol

Old 01-26-2004 | 07:46 PM
|
Trailblazer

Well im going to put training wheels on it and drive it in the #ucking street!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-26-2004 | 09:34 PM
Pro Rider

LMFAO!!!!!!!!

Old 01-26-2004 | 09:39 PM
Pro Rider

I'll answer your damn question first put a new plug in it....second check to see if it's getting spark....third make sure the on buttons on, forth if it doesn't start...put fresh gas in it and start with step one and if it still doesn't work let us know! Now that's your Damn answer....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-28-2004 | 06:02 PM
|
Trailblazer

Well smart *** i did every thing you said and it still does the same thing. Switches are on, new gas and spark plug

Old 01-28-2004 | 06:02 PM
|
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: TomWants250R
Well smart *** i did every thing you said and it still does the same thing. Switches are on, new gas and spark plug
yes it gets spark

Old 01-28-2004 | 06:16 PM
Trailblazer

If your going to be a smart ?ss about it go somewhere else and look.
Point blank.
We are people trying to help, you attack one you attack all.

Old 01-28-2004 | 07:53 PM
Elite Pro Rider

With out an air box, and air filter on it, its gonna be real lean. Add to that cold temps, and its even leaner. If you can, get it somewhere warm, and that should help.
Sometimes when a motor has been sitting awhile, the compression goes real low, because its been so long since oil has been on the rings, and sealed up the leaks. Two stokes dont have much for compression either, so that doesnt help. Try pulling the spark plug out, then quirt about a teaspoon full of two stroke oil in the hole, then leave the spark plug out, and spin the motor over. this will coat the cylinder and rings , and blow out the exess oil, which could cause a hydralic lock. As long as the plug is out, connect it to the spark plug wire, and touch the plug to the head, and while youre turning over the motor,...check for spark. It should be blue and if its quiet, youll even hear it.
Did you see, the spark? If you dont see a spark, then thats the direction we need to go. If you do see a spark...put the plug back in and try to start. The compression should be higher now, and that should help it fire.
If its possible, the easiest way to get it running, is to have someone pull or push it while you try to bump start it. If a motor can be started, it will start when being pushed.
I suspect youre gonna find a weak spark, or no spark. If thats the case, you probably have bad points.Or if this is a street bike, it might need a battery in the circuit to get spark. Do you know if you have a magneto?
try reading this article
wont start troubleshooting
Let us know what you find out.

Old 01-28-2004 | 08:08 PM
Pro Rider

have much caution with this and i mean MUCH but.. if it wont start worth a **** pull off the spark plug and put some gas straight into the hole.. not TOO MUCH though then put the plug back on and try to fire it worked for me once

Old 01-28-2004 | 08:25 PM
Trailblazer

You can also spray some starting fluid in the carb, IF you have any of the main 3 it should fire. If you have a magneto it might be rusty, thus not producing a spark.

Quick Reply: Can someone answer my damn question?