Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Web cam or Penland cam

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2004, 12:37 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Web cam or Penland cam

That's what I was looking for Mickey. Thanks for some facts. I can work with that & do a little research.

You're right- nice guys are nice guys but I won't tolerate being lied to (if that in fact is the case).

Old 01-31-2004, 05:58 PM
Range Rover

mickey thanks for sounding off and i defently agree in rom. 3:23 i have a stock 700 prairie and i'm interested in a cam for my machine if you could give some advice that would be great down the road when i get a few miles on it i want to go with your 785 kit have you ever dyno that what kind of numers did you get thanks for the info Vern

Old 01-31-2004, 06:57 PM
Pro Rider

Here's a good one for ya, I just got a call from a guy who is at the Gilmer Texas race and he said Penlands had a HMF exhaust on their quad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL!!!! He also told me that Morris Penland is now working for Maxxis tires! I guess he said he will be helping Mike when he can yet tho!

Old 01-31-2004, 08:50 PM
Trailblazer

The HMF switch has been in the works. I think Morris will be carrying some of their stuff to the shows also.

Old 01-31-2004, 10:38 PM
Range Rover

hey goggleeye, i see you have the penland cams how big a duferance did it make realy want to do some moderate work to my 700p did you do install your self i'm going to do my own work thanks.

Old 01-31-2004, 11:01 PM
Trailblazer

I have some family in Clayton, GA which is near Mike's shop so I let him do the install. My wrenching skills aren't to the point that I'm comfortable getting into the heads.

The differance was phenomenal. As an indication of the better breathing, my jetting went from 142/145 to 152/158. Off the line there's no going to full throttle (for a few feet) unless you want to spin the tires (27" MudLites) or cat walk. It pulls real hard all the way to about 54 where you can feel the ignition bringing the party to a halt. Top speed is in the 65mph range. The response getting on the gas at any speed is instant.

Unfortunatley we didn't have time to install the timing key so I didn't get everything I wanted accomplished. Mike said the key will provide additional power all the way through the band, including a few more mph on top. It seems that there may be an ignition box on the horizon so I'm holding off on the timing key for now.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Old 02-01-2004, 02:23 AM
Pro Rider

Yes, Morris is also pushing the HMF stuff! This is a good thing because I really like the HMF far better than the Big Gun! I was also told that PBR was dominating every class they were in at the Texas race!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-01-2004, 03:16 AM
Pro Rider

I was woundering can I install a set of cams on my Force and not do more then a jetting change.

Old 02-01-2004, 10:19 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: p700wheelieman
hey goggleeye, i see you have the penland cams how big a duferance did it make realy want to do some moderate work to my 700p did you do install your self i'm going to do my own work thanks.
I don't build any mild cams for a stock 700. I don't run them on a dyno, I do my R&D work in the real world.It don't matter what HP it makes if it doesn't work on the ground and you don't feel the HP, it's the torque that's important.

Old 02-01-2004, 01:44 PM
Trailblazer

I believe they also won all or most of the races in the Utility class at the ATV Olympics in the beginning of January.

They were setting up the bikes when I was up there last month. Mike is one hellva creative setup guy.

Quick Reply: Web cam or Penland cam