Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Web cam or Penland cam

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 11:27 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Web cam or Penland cam

Originally posted by: goggleyed
Mickey - I'm sure you have great products & are obviously proud of them. You should stick to marketing those products & keep comments about other products to yourself unless you can backup your BS.
I can always back up what I say or I wouldn't say it and it's not BS it's a fact. Besides it answerd the question and I told them my cams don't work with what you and the others are doing so I'am not trying to sell them my product. Also I don't see anything wrong with Mike trying to make a living off his name.

Old 01-30-2004, 11:36 AM
Trailblazer

I'd be very interested to know where his cams came from if you don't mind sharing. The man told me face to face that it was his spec & he watched the first set ground. Having spent a day with him, he didn't strike me as a liar.

Old 01-30-2004, 04:35 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Mickey I was wondering can you use your cams with a stock setup but diffrent pistons or are they only good with the 785 kit.
I also have another question. As you see in my coments I have one of your 411 mojaves from team green. I live in ohio and want to ride this in the national forest and there are no cerial numbers on the frame. I talked to you about this a couple of years ago on the phone and you told me the bike was lagit. I was told by a local dealer that I need a letter from you stating the fact that this bike never had cerial numbers. If you could help me out I would greatly appreciate it. my E-mail address is jkonklertrx250rr@yahoo.com By the way the mojave is one bad machine and if the 785 kit improves the V-force like this it will be amazing.

Thank You
James Konkler

Old 01-30-2004, 07:02 PM
Pro Rider

Goggy, There are Web cams,they cam from Web.

MX700, I don't think my cams will work in a small motor and the valve pockets on everyones pistons are not deep enough. As far as the cerial numbers they are under the powder coating, you will have to take it off to read them.

Old 01-30-2004, 07:43 PM
Pro Rider

goggleyed,
You obviously have never delt with Mickey! I have delt with PBR alot over the last couple years and I have delt with Mickey! Mickey will tell you the way it is, weather it benifits him or not! You may not like what he has to tell you sometimes but there will be no BS, he has no time for that crap!He has provided me with the best service I have ever had by any vender and believe me, I have been a pain in the azz for him!
When I delt with PBR, well,,, I just don't have 100% faith in what is said! I got the Big Gun from them, less than 500 miles later it was falling apart! I called Mike and he said they had not had any troubles with theirs and told me to call Big Gun! I did call them but they wanted me to pay to have them repair it so I gave the POS away. Then when PBR was at the 12 hours of ATV America race I went and looked at their exhaust and guess what,,,, it was falling apart! After the race I had Mikes brother on the back of my quad giving him a ride, I asked him about it and he told me they were not very happy with it but Mike would not say anything because they are sponsored by Big Gun! Don't get me wrong, Mike is a nice guy and he will help you out but,,,,,,,
I was also told about 2 years ago now I believe that the original PBR cams were a product of TC Racing!

Old 01-30-2004, 11:25 PM
Trailblazer

Minnie- you seem convinced that the PBR's are in fact Web's. Have you or anyone else compared them side by side to verify? If I'm wrong pride won't keep me from admitting it. I'll be downright pi$$ed!!! But before I distrust someone I need proof not words. So far I haven't seen anything but words.

Prairiewrench- All I'm asking for is a little proof. Hopefully Mickey has something besides they look the same.

Old 01-31-2004, 10:31 AM
Pro Rider

I get people sending Web and PBR cams in for cores when I sell the my 785 kits. I put them in a motor and degree them in to see what they are selling so I know what is out there in the market place. You can not tell what a cam is just by looking at it. How could you see lobe centers ect. ect.? I don't have anything to prove here and I don't realy care what you think of me,it's realy none of my buissness. Mike Penland is one of the nices guys you will ever meet but we are all sinners and fall short on being what God would have us to be.

Old 01-31-2004, 10:42 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: bigpapalicous
I was looking into possibly getting cams but, I want to know if one is better than the other. I would also like to know if they produce a significant power increase. I have called both of them and Web and Penland both claim a noticable power increase from low to high range. I would like if I could confirm this with some of you to confirm this. The reason that I am asking is that Web wants $230.00 a set and Penlend wants $370.00 a set. For this kind of money I want an noticable difference. I was hoping that a CDI or unlimiter would come available but that doesn't look like it will any time soon.
Check out www.highlifter.com.

They've finally released their ICM power pack for the 650/700. They have a dyno on there too (it's for the AC650, but they claim the P650 ran almost the same).

To summarize the dyno:
6.5HP at the bottom end, and about 5HP the rest of the curve. It's pretty impressive!

Old 01-31-2004, 12:09 PM
Pro Rider

I sold a guy a 750 kit for his AC650 last week and he said the air box doesn't breath as good as the Kaw and it only had 122# main jets. That's alot smaller than the Kaw so it should run alot better.

Old 01-31-2004, 12:22 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MickeyDunlap
I sold a guy a 750 kit for his AC650 last week and he said the air box doesn't breath as good as the Kaw and it only had 122# main jets. That's alot smaller than the Kaw so it should run alot better.
The air box is fine, it's that stupid snorkel. The inlet to the airbox is 2" (lots of area for the twin 32mm carbs), but then it goes to 1 5/8" with the rubber snorkle (which is toooooo small). Best bet is to lose the snorkle, and then you can re-jet to match the Kawi.

Quick Reply: Web cam or Penland cam