Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

just looking for some good advise about kfx 700

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2004, 01:56 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just looking for some good advise about kfx 700

I'm just getting into atving and would like some info on the kfx 700. I am a beginner rider although i have ridden some of the coolest places on the west coast. ie. pismo, dumont, etc. i'm interested in buying a 700 and would just like to know a little real knowledge about this machine. first off i'm fairly big i'm 6'1" and 280 lbs. i am looking for a machine that is big enough physically to sit on and ride and something torquey enough to be able to take me any where I want to go and am able to handle. I also would like to know if the v-force is a good trail machine cause i live in las vegas and can easily hook up with some super trail riding in Utah and Arizona so be so kind as to give some good advise and some tech knowledge

Old 01-29-2004, 03:47 AM
Range Rover

Dude you sound like the rider the KFX was made for. If you want a quad that's big enough for you (to be comfortable on) I think there are only two options. The KFX-700 and the DS-650 (Raptor is fine I guess but... ick) Both are huge in the torque department. My brother is exactly your size and he rides a DS-650 Baja X. It's an awesome machine, and he beats my V-Force in a long drag because of his higher top end, but I out accelerate him zero to 30 no problem, and we rarely get over 30 on the trails we ride. Trail riding is where the V really shines. It's not an MX quad, if you want to fly and race and that stuff then you have to sacrifice comfort and get a yfz450 or a trx450 (if you can find one). But it is a great trail quad. It dominates the big quad classes (4 stroke stock, vet class, utility unlimited) on the GNCC circuit, and turns in times almost as fast as the custom race quads... and the riders are a heck of a lot less beat up at the end of the course. DS and KFX are both great quads if you want something that big, so check them both out. You'll probably be very happy either way... and you'll probably convince yourself you made the right decision no matter what.

Old 01-29-2004, 10:21 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: flashturbo
Dude you sound like the rider the KFX was made for. If you want a quad that's big enough for you (to be comfortable on) I think there are only two options. The KFX-700 and the DS-650 (Raptor is fine I guess but... ick) Both are huge in the torque department. My brother is exactly your size and he rides a DS-650 Baja X. It's an awesome machine, and he beats my V-Force in a long drag because of his higher top end, but I out accelerate him zero to 30 no problem, and we rarely get over 30 on the trails we ride. Trail riding is where the V really shines. It's not an MX quad, if you want to fly and race and that stuff then you have to sacrifice comfort and get a yfz450 or a trx450 (if you can find one). But it is a great trail quad. It dominates the big quad classes (4 stroke stock, vet class, utility unlimited) on the GNCC circuit, and turns in times almost as fast as the custom race quads... and the riders are a heck of a lot less beat up at the end of the course. DS and KFX are both great quads if you want something that big, so check them both out. You'll probably be very happy either way... and you'll probably convince yourself you made the right decision no matter what.
What he said is very true. You will like the V a lot.

Old 01-29-2004, 10:33 AM
Weekend Warrior

thanks guys for the great advice. my friend has a ds650 and no one (except the heavily modified) was beating him at dumont 2 weeks ago and he is 6'10" 320 i know the ds is one bad ride its just that the V-force is just so much cooler with the V-twin the cool rumble that it has on take off the automatic trans etc.

Old 01-29-2004, 02:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

I am 6'4" and got my KFX 700 on Jan 11. Have been riding it at logandale trails and some desert trails down by parker. I have had no problems it is a lot better then the scrambler 400 I have. Have not taken it to any dunes yet but the trails ridding is real good on the 700. If you do decide to get on look in southern UT I got mine for 6352.00 OTD the dealers in Vegas could not beat the price. If you would like the information of the dealer I got mine from let me know.

Old 01-29-2004, 02:34 PM
Range Rover

6' 8" 260lbs here. You will love the V-Force. My main riding partners have a DS 650 and a Raptor. I have ridden both.

The Raptor is the most nimble, good stock suspension, a bit cramped as far as fit.

The DS is like a turbo powered recliner. By far the best suspension in stock form, wicked fast, super comfy, but wide and not that nimble. If I was riding primarily dunes or wide open desert/fire roads. I would pick the DS.

The KFX 700 is kinda in between. Very good ergonomics, the automatic is great. The stock suspension is the worst of the three in my opinion. Even with my Elkas installed on my V I prefer the stock DS suspension. In forested twisty trails though the V flat out boogies. Not having to shift is a major bonus for me. I can concentrate on carving the corners and having fun and I am always in the right gear with the CVT.

In the end I am still happy with my V. For my type of riding it turned out to be the correct choice for me. You will find that all 3 bikes are different but are all very good. It would be hard to go wrong with any of them.

Old 01-29-2004, 05:55 PM
Range Rover

I agree with these folks. I'm not that big but i like the auto - my legs & feet don't work right due to a spinal injury. Another real world feature that you will like about the v is reverse. If you don't quite make the turn, you can back out of the rocks & trees and try again.

Old 01-29-2004, 06:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I am 6'4" 270 and I own both a DS and a V-force.

Love both of them. I prefer the DS because of it wide stance,and great seat.

But the V-force is COOL!! with a good set of HMF duel,and the right clutch/tire combo it has a FUN factor of 10!!!!!

heck my force is still stock and its a BLAST to ride. I have alot more motor work done to the DS, so it my favorite.

I will sat this....the V-force will save you money,cause for some reason you really dont feel the need to modify this **** out of it. I think its because its an auto,and you really get to appreciating the smooth acceleration,and BANGING through gears is an after thought.JMO.

You cant go wrong with either!

bigger.

Old 01-29-2004, 11:53 PM
Range Rover

I'm also a big guy, and also a relatively new atv rider. I couldn't be happier with the V. Tie rods will be a must (beefier ones, that is), but so far mine's stock and I have no complaints. I have no dune experience, but in the trails and on the slate it can do it all.

Old 01-30-2004, 12:38 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: flashturbo
Your matrix carbon KFX looks amazing [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: just looking for some good advise about kfx 700